Kentucky snubbed as NCAA regional host ...

westsider

The latest RPI came out, and UK still checked in at #17. Arizona State at #16 was the only higher RPI team to not get a regional. Rice was tied with Kentucky at #17, so it really looks like they're the team you should compare resumes with.

Arizona State was ineligible for the postseason due to probation.

Losing 5 of their final 7 is why they didn't host. If they had just won 2 more games they would have hosted hands down.

I think so. Beat Murray State at Paducah, then win one of three at Mississippi State and the snub doesn't happen.

It was nice to see Miami, the team that got to host instead of Kentucky, perform so nobly. They lost to #4 seed Stony Brook, 10-2, before turning around the next day and getting eliminated by #3 seed Missouri State, 12-2.

Arizona State was ineligible for the postseason due to probation.

So that explains that. So they went strictly by the RPI then, and UK lost the tie with Rice. Rice did not make their regional final, but did win their opening game to advance in the winner's bracket before losing two straight.

UK had a very good season, but I think they will look back on a lot of the end with regret. If they don't tank the end they probably win their division and overall SEC regular season crown. They probably host a regional. They lost a 21 inning game to Kent State and they blew at least three incredible chances that I recall, beginning with what I think was a risky squeeze play attempt for the win in the 10th (I believe) when a sac fly would have won it. The double play with the bases loaded in the 20th was unfortunate. And that loss put them in a poor situation where today's loss meant they were out instead of having a second chance tomorrow. Not to mention that Littrell would have been throwing this game.

So that explains that. So they went strictly by the RPI then, and UK lost the tie with Rice. Rice did not make their regional final, but did win their opening game to advance in the winner's bracket before losing two straight.

UK had a very good season, but I think they will look back on a lot of the end with regret. If they don't tank the end they probably win their division and overall SEC regular season crown. They probably host a regional. They lost a 21 inning game to Kent State and they blew at least three incredible chances that I recall, beginning with what I think was a risky squeeze play attempt for the win in the 10th (I believe) when a sac fly would have won it. The double play with the bases loaded in the 20th was unfortunate. And that loss put them in a poor situation where today's loss meant they were out instead of having a second chance tomorrow. Not to mention that Littrell would have been throwing this game.

With the way Shepherd pitched...I don't think your claim about who started has any merit.

With the way Shepherd pitched...I don't think your claim about who started has any merit.

I was meaning to highlight that Shepherd would have been available for a potential second game the next day if they lost. I really don't know who they would have thrown today if UK had won last night.