Trinity (Louisville) 2012/2013

Will any of their key athletes be foregoing basketball to concentrate on football?

Also, I read an article (Demling?) mentioning a 6'9 freshman-to-be (can't find a link right away) who sounded as though he'd be expected to make an early impact. Could someone provide more info on expectations for him? Also, are there any other players that those of us outside of Louisville might not be aware of who are expected to contribute?

More details from the previous post (courtesy of Gold_Sunrise's post in the AAU thread):

A few morning hoops nuggets | Jody Demling – Recruiting

Raymond Spalding is the kid's name. I think Demling is one of the best in the business, so trusting his evaluations on a player has never been a problem for me. What level of D1 schools would be interested in him right now and what kind of ceiling does he have (if it's fair to evaluate him at this point)? All the info I can really find is an older Scout profile listing him as a 6'7, 185 PF, C.

Their freshman basketball team this past year was very strong. Similar to the senior class that just won state for Trinity. Since their sophomore class has only (2) basketball players that will contribute at the varsity level, this freshman class is key to the future for Trinity.

More details from the previous post (courtesy of Gold_Sunrise's post in the AAU thread):

A few morning hoops nuggets | Jody Demling – Recruiting

Raymond Spalding is the kid's name. I think Demling is one of the best in the business, so trusting his evaluations on a player has never been a problem for me. What level of D1 schools would be interested in him right now and what kind of ceiling does he have (if it's fair to evaluate him at this point)? All the info I can really find is an older Scout profile listing him as a 6'7, 185 PF, C.

I too respect the coverage that Demling gives our Ky kids. Any time I can see posts on them from him, I will usually post it in the AAU threads this summer.

Just trying to get the word out on all the kids from across the state.

I saw the big kid play JV last year for T. Very raw but a lot to work with.

What type of game does he have? Back to the basket, athleticism, or face-up? I realize that he's still relatively young and his identity as a player could not be completely clear as of yet.

Their freshman basketball team this past year was very strong. Similar to the senior class that just won state for Trinity. Since their sophomore class has only (2) basketball players that will contribute at the varsity level, this freshman class is key to the future for Trinity.

What else do they have in their freshman class? If it's like their past class in terms of overall talent and depth, they should be a contender as both Juniors and Seniors (if they continue to develop and the classes around them compliment them).

What type of game does he have? Back to the basket, athleticism, or face-up? I realize that he's still relatively young and his identity as a player could not be completely clear as of yet.

To be fair and upfront I only watched him once so my limited view may be different than those who saw him more often.

I used the word "raw" because IMO his coordination was still coming along, his footwork was rough, his offensive game was limited to just "being tall." He played a really good team that night so he didn't get anything easy. If someone will spend time specifically working on his low-post game (footwork, jump hook, face up, etc) he can be legit.