Reds Trade Bait...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will pass on a guy with a career OBP barely over .300 in both the minors and majors as my lead off hitter.

He is .382 in the minors and just over .300 in the majors but that is in limited action...

Revere is a fine defensive outfielder, but will never hit with much pop. He could help a team as a CF that can hit leadoff, perhaps, but that's about it.

A CF with blazing speed that can leadoff sounds good...Revere makes excellent contact with the ball and gets on base, who needs pop...Hit him leadoff with Stubbs second and you have the fastest 1-2 punch in the game...Revere gets on steals second, Stubbs bunts him over to third or he steals third and Votto has an easy RBI sac fly opportunity...Its that easy:cool:...Move Cozart down to 6 or 7...Trade wont happen, but it would be a great move...

I haven't gotten to see the Braves a ton but it seems since Bourne has been in their that they are putting up a lot of runs. Ben reminds me of a Bourne. CF that can cover serious ground, get on base and fly!

I'm partial some because I coached football at Lex Cath when Ben was there. He is still the best corner I've ever seen in person in high school. He's so easy to like because he plays 100 mph all the time. Here's a little highlight video of him last year. The catch around the 4:08 mark was the catch of the year on ESPN.

A CF with blazing speed that can leadoff sounds good...Revere makes excellent contact with the ball and gets on base, who needs pop...Hit him leadoff with Stubbs second and you have the fastest 1-2 punch in the game...Revere gets on steals second, Stubbs bunts him over to third or he steals third and Votto has an easy RBI sac fly opportunity...Its that easy:cool:...Move Cozart down to 6 or 7...Trade wont happen, but it would be a great move...
Why would you hit Stubbs second and move Cozart down in the order? Stubbs would not be a good #2 hitter.

Need to send Boom Boom Bailey, Willie "I can't hit a boxcar" Harris and Ryan "Over The Hill" Ludwick to someone for a draft pick or maybe Pedro Borbon's Ghost. Put Frazier at third and find a leftfielder in exchange for some extra pitching in minors. Then move Chapman to rotation, Marshall to setup and Ondrusek to closer then we'll roll. By the way Ill drive Homer to the airport free if they send him to a place with 500 ft fences. You cant be a prospect and have potential til your 40:ohbrother:

Why would you hit Stubbs second and move Cozart down in the order? Stubbs would not be a good #2 hitter.

Stubbs has been great in the 2 hole this year. Granted, he hasn't had an enormous amount of ABs. However, I don't know why you would say he wouldn't be a good #2, when in fact he has been for the last couple weeks.

Through 60 ABs...

BA-.333

HR-3

RBI-9

OPS-.942

Sure, it's the Votto effect, but as long as Votto is here, I think Stubbs is a very good 2-hole guy.

Maybe bring up Billy Hamilton. Hey if he hits .152 he's twice as good as Harris, and better than Ludwick or Rolen. Let's buy Rolen a rocking chair

Hamilton has a lot more capability than a utility guy. He won't be up for another year or two, and he shouldn't be.

Stubbs has been great in the 2 hole this year. Granted, he hasn't had an enormous amount of ABs. However, I don't know why you would say he wouldn't be a good #2, when in fact he has been for the last couple weeks.
Why would you want a guy with a career .322 OBP in the #2 spot? It would better to find someone that can actually get on base.