Mamee Salzer (St.Henry) signs with Thomas More College

Congrats, IMO Thomas More got a steal here as far as softball goes. I think Salzer is easly a D2 player and in the right spot could surely help a lot of D1 schools. TM has another really good player coming in next year who again IMO is a D1 type player, Anna Walters from Lebannon OH.

Mamee has been one of the best players in the area for a long time nice to see her hard work pay off.

Congratulations to Mamee, great player, great kid, great family. Thomas More definitely got a steal. I agree with SSC, she could have definitely played at a higher level. However, it will be nice to be able to see her play locally. Awesome!

Where ever she goes, someone is getting one hell of a player. Love her tenacity on the field.

I agree. Being so late in her senior year she more than likely is going to have to try and walk on at a school unless someone has something free up late. Hopefully she can get a prefered walk on and earn some money down the road.

As happy as I am for Salzer I would be more happy if she would have stayed at Holy Cross may have changed some things. (not blaming her for leaving at all just would have been cool to have her there)

Congratulations to Mamee, great player, great kid, great family. Thomas More definitely got a steal. I agree with SSC, she could have definitely played at a higher level. However, it will be nice to be able to see her play locally. Awesome!

I wonder the same thing. Unless it is just about staying home. With the number of NAIA and D-2 schools in Kentucky alone that give athletic money, why choose to play at the bottom level and not receive athletic money? It kind of kills the whole theory of playing travel ball and taking lessons for all those years to earn that college scholarship. Congratulations to her though, Great kid.

I wonder the same thing. Unless it is just about staying home. With the number of NAIA and D-2 schools in Kentucky alone that give athletic money, why choose to play at the bottom level and not receive athletic money? It kind of kills the whole theory of playing travel ball and taking lessons for all those years to earn that college scholarship. Congratulations to her though, Great kid.

I've never liked the concept of you better get a scholarship or travel ball wasn't worth it. My daughter would have been a DIII player. I would not have pushed her to accept any offer from just any school simply because there WAS an offer. Not all schools are good schools. Not all schools fit each kid. I say travel ball is about getting better against strong competition, making yourself better for high school, making new friends, experiencing new places, and creating additional memories. If a scholly comes out of it that fits YOU then even better.

Any parent that goes into it with the thought that "this had better pay off" is setting themselves and their child up for disappointment.

I've never liked the concept of you better get a scholarship or travel ball wasn't worth it. My daughter would have been a DIII player. I would not have pushed her to accept any offer from just any school simply because there WAS an offer. Not all schools are good schools. Not all schools fit each kid. I say travel ball is about getting better against strong competition, making yourself better for high school, making new friends, experiencing new places, and creating additional memories. If a scholly comes out of it that fits YOU then even better.

Any parent that goes into it with the thought that "this had better pay off" is setting themselves and their child up for disappointment.

I agree with you completely about summer ball. But most of the summer teams now are selling "college showcase" tournaments and how many college coaches are going to be at the tournaments they play in. You want some amusement. Go around to all of the select tryouts in August and watch the same kids looking for the best offer and the coaches working their sales pitch. Pretty entertaining, actually.

I agree with you completely about summer ball. But most of the summer teams now are selling "college showcase" tournaments and how many college coaches are going to be at the tournaments they play in. You want some amusement. Go around to all of the select tryouts in August and watch the same kids looking for the best offer and the coaches working their sales pitch. Pretty entertaining, actually.

A parent needs to be smarter than what many summer teams are trying to get them to believe.