Bath County Job

Word on the street in O'ville is that they will be screening applicants tonight. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks they will be able to announce. I am unsure who the favorite may be but my only hope is that they find someone that can help build a program they way Coach Hicks had started doing when he was there. Bath has some young/raw talent coming up and I believe that they can compete in the 61st and 16th region in the future with the right coach.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked with someone this weekend that mentioned B.J. Aldridge for the job. Former college and professional coach looking to get back into high school coaching in Kentucky. He is currently an assistant at Florida Soutern, A Division II school. If he is interested, he seems like he would be a great hire. Here is his bio:

M. Basketball: B.J. Aldridge ** FSCMocs.com

Why would you leave a college gig that pays better than a High School teaching job?

Not all college coaches make big money like everyone thinks. Top assistants at low major DI schools make anywhere between 50-60k. But being a hs coach is much more stable I would guess. And some people make career moves for other motives other than money. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

Not all college coaches make big money like everyone thinks. Top assistants at low major DI schools make anywhere between 50-60k. But being a hs coach is much more stable I would guess. And some people make career moves for other motives other than money. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

but at college all they have to do is coach, in HS they have to teach as well (or have another day job) 50-60K to just coach sounds good to me.

Just curious because I don't know, What would be so attractive about this job? Would it be for someone just looking for head coaching experience? Do they have much coming back or coming in? Are they competitive in their region?

What I am hearing is that interviews will take place this week. They are down to 5 or 6 excellent candidates. My sources tell me that the search committee did an excellent job of going thru all the applications (over 30). Again, I hope that they can hire someone that will build a program. They need involvement/direction at the youth level thru high school.

What I am hearing is that interviews will take place this week. They are down to 5 or 6 excellent candidates. My sources tell me that the search committee did an excellent job of going thru all the applications (over 30). Again, I hope that they can hire someone that will build a program. They need involvement/direction at the youth level thru high school.

Do you have any names?