Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bath County Job

Featured Replies

Word on the street in O'ville is that they will be screening applicants tonight. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks they will be able to announce. I am unsure who the favorite may be but my only hope is that they find someone that can help build a program they way Coach Hicks had started doing when he was there. Bath has some young/raw talent coming up and I believe that they can compete in the 61st and 16th region in the future with the right coach.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Starnes?

No way he goes and stays in Bath County.

I talked with someone this weekend that mentioned B.J. Aldridge for the job. Former college and professional coach looking to get back into high school coaching in Kentucky. He is currently an assistant at Florida Soutern, A Division II school. If he is interested, he seems like he would be a great hire. Here is his bio:

M. Basketball: B.J. Aldridge ** FSCMocs.com

Why would you leave a college gig that pays better than a High School teaching job?

Why would you leave a college gig that pays better than a High School teaching job?

 

Not all college coaches make big money like everyone thinks. Top assistants at low major DI schools make anywhere between 50-60k. But being a hs coach is much more stable I would guess. And some people make career moves for other motives other than money. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

Not all college coaches make big money like everyone thinks. Top assistants at low major DI schools make anywhere between 50-60k. But being a hs coach is much more stable I would guess. And some people make career moves for other motives other than money. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

 

but at college all they have to do is coach, in HS they have to teach as well (or have another day job) 50-60K to just coach sounds good to me.

but at college all they have to do is coach, in HS they have to teach as well (or have another day job) 50-60K to just coach sounds good to me.

 

Sounds good to me also! I guess stability is always good too.

  • Author

When are they going to start interviewing for this job?

Just curious because I don't know, What would be so attractive about this job? Would it be for someone just looking for head coaching experience? Do they have much coming back or coming in? Are they competitive in their region?

Not much other than a head coaching job, IMO.

  • Author

It has gone kind of quite on this job. What is going on in Owingsville?

What I am hearing is that interviews will take place this week. They are down to 5 or 6 excellent candidates. My sources tell me that the search committee did an excellent job of going thru all the applications (over 30). Again, I hope that they can hire someone that will build a program. They need involvement/direction at the youth level thru high school.

What I am hearing is that interviews will take place this week. They are down to 5 or 6 excellent candidates. My sources tell me that the search committee did an excellent job of going thru all the applications (over 30). Again, I hope that they can hire someone that will build a program. They need involvement/direction at the youth level thru high school.

 

Do you have any names?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.