LCA 43 Beechwood 20 (Game Discussion)

cshs81

OK, lets not get this one closed like the last one.

For those of us that were not there, help us out.

Was it domination by LCA? How were they successful?

Someone in the other thread mentioned Beechwood 'going with Muth'. Was that ever in doubt?

OK, lets not get this one closed like the last one.

First of all, I am probably the one who got the last thread shut down. Whatever my reasons were, I shouldn't have "let go" like I did. Sorry about that.

In truth, the team was not as talented as previous years, and a couple of starters were hurt (Baker and Reiley). That is not an excuse, because usually Beechwood always has more talent to pull from. Lex Christian played hard, took full advantage of the Tigers's mistakes, and flat out outplayed us.

Beechwood has been known for doing that for years, but last night the shoe was on the other foot. We were simply not the better team on the field.

BTW, I did not hear a single Beechwood parent complain about the score. We know the Tigers have put up their fair share of points. That was a vague comment on a previous post. If one parent said it, he/she was certainly in the minority. We try to lose as graciously as we win.

In truth, the team was not as talented as previous years, and a couple of starters were hurt (Baker and Reiley). That is not an excuse, because usually Beechwood always has more talent to pull from. Lex Christian played hard, took full advantage of the Tigers's mistakes, and flat out outplayed us.

Beechwood has been known for doing that for years, but last night the shoe was on the other foot. We were simply not the better team on the field.

BTW, I did not hear a single Beechwood parent complain about the score. We know the Tigers have put up their fair share of points. That was a vague comment on a previous post. If one parent said it, he/she was certainly in the minority. We try to lose as graciously as we win.

Taking nothing away from LCA because if you put up 43 on Beechwood you have done something right, this years Beechwood team lacked the one "difference" player that had always been present in the past. For example, Wera playing defensive end, quarterback, and punting and doing them all to near perfection. Menetry playing nose tackle and running back and returning kicks to near exhaustion. No one seemed to grasp that role this year.

Beechwood still had some talent. Even though Muth isn't a great pocket passer he usually got the job done somehow. The fact that LCA did not let that happpen is to their credit. Sawyer is a hard running back who always gets positive yardage. The fact that he did not dominate is also credit to LCA's defense.

When Bellevue beat Beechwood earlier this year I really believe it was because of the target on Beechwood's back and the fact that beating them is beating the best team in Class A in the last 15 years. In the past Beechwood seemed to thrive on the challenge of bouncing back from something like that but this year they did not.

LCA was just better in the game played Friday. It happened to Beechwood in 2000 and 2001 and they bounced back with a state final appearance and a state championship in the next years so I'm sure they will be heard from again. Sometimes there are years when your talent is not as deep, or your line is not as big, or you just don't match up well and you get bounced. It is just a shock when it happens to Beechwood. If Yeagle does not return he will have had a spectacular run in the 90s and on thru to 2005 that likely will never be surpassed.

Taking nothing away from LCA because if you put up 43 on Beechwood you have done something right, this years Beechwood team lacked the one "difference" player that had always been present in the past. For example, Wera playing defensive end, quarterback, and punting and doing them all to near perfection. Menetry playing nose tackle and running back and returning kicks to near exhaustion. No one seemed to grasp that role this year.

Beechwood still had some talent. Even though Muth isn't a great pocket passer he usually got the job done somehow. The fact that LCA did not let that happpen is to their credit. Sawyer is a hard running back who always gets positive yardage. The fact that he did not dominate is also credit to LCA's defense.

When Bellevue beat Beechwood earlier this year I really believe it was because of the target on Beechwood's back and the fact that beating them is beating the best team in Class A in the last 15 years. In the past Beechwood seemed to thrive on the challenge of bouncing back from something like that but this year they did not.

LCA was just better in the game played Friday. It happened to Beechwood in 2000 and 2001 and they bounced back with a state final appearance and a state championship in the next years so I'm sure they will be heard from again. Sometimes there are years when your talent is not as deep, or your line is not as big, or you just don't match up well and you get bounced. It is just a shock when it happens to Beechwood. If Yeagle does not return he will have had a spectacular run in the 90s and on thru to 2005 that likely will never be surpassed.

Great post. Beechwood fans aren't used to losing in the second round.

I agree with APNW that Beechwood did not have any real studs this year. They had a lot of solid players and a solid team but it was one of the two or three weakest teams Beechwood has had in the last 25 years.

Again, hats off to LCA, you beat a very solid Class A Football team. However, I think you will find NCC is much tougher than Beechwood this year. NCC has some great skilled players in Diehl, Canafax, and Vicars and they are big up front.

Back to LCA, anytime you win an unclassified sport you have to have some studs and LCA has some. Class A beware, there is a new Sheriff in town!

I agree with APNW that Beechwood did not have any real studs this year. They had a lot of solid players and a solid team but it was one of the two or three weakest teams Beechwood has had in the last 25 years.

Again, hats off to LCA, you beat a very solid Class A Football team. However, I think you will find NCC is much tougher than Beechwood this year. NCC has some great skilled players in Diehl, Canafax, and Vicars and they are big up front.

Back to LCA, anytime you win an unclassified sport you have to have some studs and LCA has some. Class A beware, there is a new Sheriff in town!

It is true LCA is moving up to 2A next year???

Someone sent me a draft of the six class breakdown and even with six classes it has LCA in 1A along with Beechwood. The way it breaks down LCA would be in the west and Beechwood in the east. Mayfield, Danville, Bardstown, and NCC would all be 2A.

Someone sent me a draft of the six class breakdown and even with six classes it has LCA in 1A along with Beechwood. The way it breaks down LCA would be in the west and Beechwood in the east. Mayfield, Danville, Bardstown, and NCC would all be 2A.

Is there anyway to see this on a website or anything??

Is it possible with the old data used for the 6 class breakdown that LCA was 1A then and would now be 2A?

390 in 9-12 is in the upper level of the current Class A.

Is it possible with the old data used for the 6 class breakdown that LCA was 1A then and would now be 2A?

390 in 9-12 is in the upper level of the current Class A.

I thought the Current Level break was at 600 or 650 to move to 2A?

This is why I stated LCA is in the lower half of the 1A schools as far as size of student population...

I could be wrong...it has happened before...MANY times! :)