LCA 43 Beechwood 20 (Game Discussion)

cshs81

Game Discussion:

I think the big difference in the game was LCA's TEAM speed. LCA has a couple of kids that are really fast but their overall TEAM speed is really good. Because of this they are able to get a lot of people to the ball on defense and prevent big plays. Beechwood just couldn't get off a big play in the game to turn old mo' on their side. Another thing that was VERY suprising to me was LCA's ability to shut down BW's running game. BW pretty much abandoned the run midway through the second quarter...and once LCA got up 21-7 the change was really noticable...I NEVER would have dreamed the rushing stats in the game would have been what they were.

"And besides the whiskey, I think we'll require a little respect!"

What are the plans for the stadium at LCA in the coming years? I know it's a newer school and they may not be able to do everything at once, but any improvements planned?

Yes...we are hoping to build stadium seating on the HOME side within the next year or so...Unlike the Publics - we have to self generate the funds for these items...we dont get the tax advantages of the publics which makes me sick to hear all the "unfair advantage" whining by the public supporters...ridiculous!

Our baseball team won the STATE championship and they dont yet have lights on the field!!!

What are the plans for the stadium at LCA in the coming years? I know it's a newer school and they may not be able to do everything at once, but any improvements planned?

From what I understand they are going to start a Stadium drive after the season to raise money to build a new one for the next couple of years.

"We don't rent pigs!"

Yes...we are hoping to build stadium seating on the HOME side within the next year or so...Unlike the Publics - we have to self generate the funds for these items...we dont get the tax advantages of the publics which makes me sick to hear all the "unfair advantage" whining by the public supporters...ridiculous!

Our baseball team won the STATE championship and they dont yet have lights on the field!!!

Beechwood won the ninth region baseball championship in 2004 without a home FIELD. If I were you, I'd cry about lights a little more.

If you think any stadium upgrades at the publics are coming from tax dollars, you're way wrong. Just look at the financial reports those schools must make public by law, and you'll see. They have to raise money too.

Beechwood won the ninth region baseball championship in 2004 without a home FIELD. If I were you, I'd cry about lights a little more.

If you think any stadium upgrades at the publics are coming from tax dollars, you're way wrong. Just look at the financial reports those schools must make public by law, and you'll see. They have to raise money too.

Yeah...well WE have to raise ALL of our funds for Athletics and we get ZERO TAX DOLLARS - while WE pay for the PUBLIC schools to put in Multi-million dollar facilities with OUR taxes...

Seems a little unfair - and I WILL whine about it...I feel better now. :)

Thanks for letting me vent - I appreciate it...