All District Teams

Xgrad-JAGdad

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't play on the best team in the district, but where would they be without him? Who would you go with instead of him? Petrino has time to get his accolades, he'll be the top returning QB in the Louisville area next season. Let Black have his time, he deserves a little props for having carried Fern Creek this season.

He doesn't play on the best team in the district, but where would they be without him? Who would you go with instead of him? Petrino has time to get his accolades, he'll be the top returning QB in the Louisville area next season. Let Black have his time, he deserves a little props for having carried Fern Creek this season.

I agree with some of this....but Nick has had a better season statistically and in the win column....

^ and Nick, statistically, had a better season.

This has been happening for a while.

Heck, Reggie White (LB - '92-'94) didn't even make all district in the 1994 season...but then scored two touchdowns against Central :confused:

And Nick had a lot more to work with. If anyone is All-District QB over Petrino next year, THEN its a crime. But let the senior that makes up his entire team's offense have it.

All District has always been anti-Trinity. There are a ton of players that don't make All District, but then go on to be All Region, County, State, etc. It's a joke.

But those others take into account tournament results, right? Where Trinity has typically dominated their side of the bracket?

If this award is given as a MVP award then KJ should win. You are right, Fern Creek is a good team with him but they really struggle without him.

But it is not for the "Most-Most Valuable Player of XYZ Team" award. It is the "Player of the Year" for the district.

BTW - I can accept KJ getting this award.

And Trinity does not dominate the District? Come on, it's a joke.

I'm not saying you aren't getting blackballed a little. But maybe, the thought process is that they top Trinity kids are going to get their accolades on those County/Region/State teams, and let the other kids get their shot here?

I'm not saying you aren't getting blackballed a little. But maybe, the thought process is that they top Trinity kids are going to get their accolades on those County/Region/State teams, and let the other kids get their shot here?

So you are saying the All District awards do not always go to the best players in the district? I agree.

If you want to have a "feel good about yourself" team, let's create it. Call it an All Senior team, or all scout team, etc.

But if these players on the All District team are supposed to represent the best of the best in the District, it a complete joke.