Did the Appalachan News Express go to far???

davhamer

Apparently yesterday the App News Express(the Pikeville newspaper) ran an online poll on there website asking

"Who should be the Pikeville starting quarterback?

then went on to allow readers to vote for the two QB's BY NAME.

Did the Appalachan News Express go to far???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no different than what you are doing here. Even though you chose not to use names, everyone in eastern Kentucky knows who you are talking about. And yes, the LOCAL newspaper did go too far. But guess what? The KIDS stuck together and they BOTH did a great job last night to bring home another PANTHER VICTORY! :flame:

It's no different than what you are doing here. Even though you chose not to use names, everyone in eastern Kentucky knows who you are talking about. And yes, the LOCAL newspaper did go too far. But guess what? The KIDS stuck together and they BOTH did a great job last night to bring home another PANTHER VICTORY! :flame:

and thats all that matters :thumb:

Absolutely, the press should show responsibility and not include kids when they report what they want us to know instead of what the news really is. The least they can do is to show some restraint when they're tempted to sway public opinion when it has no business being brought to the public eye. Just another example of irresponsibility! :irked:

Who really cares? I'd be happy to see my name in the paper.

Sure thing, just place voting machines everywhere and the one with the most votes wins! :creepy: You could have your name in the paper during your entire campaign. :sleep:

Who really cares? I'd be happy to see my name in the paper.

basically, our very own local newspaper tried to drive a wedge between the community/team by doing this. But it actually brought them closer together for ONE COMMON GOAL.

Now let's drop this disgusting topic and MOVE ON!

They must be on the verge of becoming the pony express again if they have to resort to something like that to increase readership.

Thats pretty pathetic. maybe they could do a survey about the owners kids or spouse, etc

Cheers, Woody Jr

Anyone have a link...The media has a knack for creating controversy, when none should exist.

Coach Jackson should have to only focus on preparing his team for Somerset, instead of any possibly division within the QB's, team and community.

Some media is just like parents, some good ones and some....