Sat. Oct. 3 at Syracuse

Sat. Oct. 10 at Boston College

Sat. Oct. 24 FLORIDA STATE

Sat. Oct. 31 VIRGINIA TECH

Sat. Nov. 7 at Virginia

Sat. Nov. 14 WAKE FOREST

Sat. Nov. 21 at Notre Dame

Sat. Nov. 28 KENTUCKY

One weekday game for the poor guy that has to drive in from Cincinnati, so I could do without that, but I like the way this shakes out.

I was partly convinced they were going to throw Clemson at us to start the year so I'm relieved that didn't happen. NC State at home is an GREAT opener.

I like the bye week before the back-to-back home games against Florida State and Va Tech. It already feels like winning one of those two will be the difference between the kind of season I expect and a really good season. That said, the bye week before the Miami game was a complete disaster last year. It was six quarters before I felt like Louisville found themselves again.

Back to back conference games to start the year? That blows.

What's been a passing fancy for other leagues has become an obsession for the ACC since starting the network. Not the last time this is going to happen. I assume that from now on, pretty much any year Louisville doesn't have a marquee non-conference matchup to start the year (ND last year, Ole Miss next year), the ACC is going to throw this at us.

Not a fan.

What's been a passing fancy for other leagues has become an obsession for the ACC since starting the network. Not the last time this is going to happen. I assume that from now on, pretty much any year Louisville doesn't have a marquee non-conference matchup to start the year (ND last year, Ole Miss next year), the ACC is going to throw this at us.

Not a fan.

In 2024 they are scheduled to open the season in Tampa against USF. That could change, but my understanding is that that particular game was insisted upon by Louisville.

This stretch right here:

Sat. Oct. 3 at Syracuse

Sat. Oct. 10 at Boston College

Sat. Oct. 24 FLORIDA STATE

Sat. Oct. 31 VIRGINIA TECH

That's the key. Win two, you're going bowling, no question in my mind. Win three, you're well on your way to having an OUTSTANDING season.

Clemson and Murray State are definite losses. Probably at Notre Dame as well. Beyond that you can make a case for the rest being in the W column.

:D For sure.

In truth, this whole season comes down to improvement in the trenches. With Mechi Becton gone, it's time to find out how well the offensive line holds up. And the defensive front was a huge problem for Louisville all last season. It's where the depth problem showed itself the most in the last couple seasons. Things come together with the big guys, and Louisville is definitely going bowling again.

With so many close wins last year (and so many blowout losses) and a lot of those same teams on the schedule, I can make arguments that sound very similar but result in both 4-8 and in 8-4.

For me I first look at the home schedule. College kids generally perform much better in their home stadiums. Clemson is not visiting Louisville this year, nor is Notre Dame. Warrick Dunn's FSU squad isn't making the trip to Louisville. It is a manageable home slate.