13th region officiating

13th is notoriously bad. The call in the North Laurel SW game was terrible. John Hardin is one of the state's top teams but only managed to beat Corbin by one at their place. It's been that way for years. If you're an out of region team, good freaking luck.

I agree that Southwestern definitely got hosed in their 1 point loss to North Laurel. 1 second left in the game and North throwing inbound from the opposite end of the court. Pass was toward a North player just beyond the center line of the court. SW player jumps up in air with arms up and a whistle is blown by a ref 40 feet from the play. I was watching on WYMT and replayed it at least 10 times and could absolutely not see a foul. Not even close. Regardless, North went to the line and hit two free throws and won by 1 point.

Probably didn’t help Southwestern’s cause that they are from the 12th region and not the 13th.

It don’t matter if your from the 12th. Certain teams get all the calls. It’s pathetic.

Well, in my opinion a foul such as the one called in the North-SW game should be a no doubt foul. You can’t halfway guess at that one and blow your whistle because a call like that possibly decides who wins the game. There was not enough evidence of a foul, the ref that made the call had a bad angle and was too far away, and he determined the outcome of the game instead of allowing the players to do that.

May be a little extreme?

Not at all extreme! I can guarantee you that SW player didn't sleep that night nor did the fans!

If you are a Southwestern player out there playing your heart out your Senior year...to have a ref make (2) bogus calls at end of game to deliberately change the out come of the game. This particular ref in question was nowhere near the under basket call..The one ref that was in the correct position makes the correct call..game over SW wins. The other ref in question was totally out of site of the play calls a pow-wow in middle of floor and gives the ball to NL and puts time back on clock. NL throws ball in..same ref nowhere near the SW player..calls the bogus foul on SW player. That ref abused his power and intentionally gave the game to NL..anyone reviewing that tape would know SW was cheated!