Kentucky 76 Alabama 67

16thBBall Fan

Some negatives for the Cats today especially at home. They gave up 16 offensive rebounds and had 14 turnovers also only shot 64% from the line. They did shoot it well from 3 at 9-15 for 60%. Next up the Cats travel to South Carolina on Wednesday at a strange start time of 6:30.

Edited by 16thBBall Fan

Some negatives for the Cats today especially at home. They gave up 16 offensive rebounds and had 14 turnovers also only shot 64% from the line. The did shoot it well from 3 at 9-15 for 60%. Next up the Cats travel to South Carolina on Wednesday at a strange start time of 6:30.

But they WON! 60 percent from 3 is equivalent to 90 percent from 2. Alabama plays hard.

Final was not pretty but the Cats get the win and their 1000 SEC regular season win.

Some negatives for the Cats today especially at home. They gave up 16 offensive rebounds and had 14 turnovers also only shot 64% from the line. They did shoot it well from 3 at 9-15 for 60%. Next up the Cats travel to South Carolina on Wednesday at a strange start time of 6:30.

A team is never going to play a perfect game, there is always going to be some negatives. All that matters is they won. They took away the biggest area they wanted to take away and that was Bama and its threes. Which Bama it said is ranked 15th in the nation in rebounds. Which can happen when a team shoots a lot of threes.

IMO while it was not perfect, I don’t think it was a sloppy game at all. It was another game where overall they are showing more improvement. They did a lot of good things in this one, especially on the offensive side and made big shots when needed every time Bama got close again.

Richards and Quickley keep playing great. Hagans played another good game overall, and same with Maxey. Sestina with a couple big threes and a couple nice defensive plays. Montgomery seemed more confident today and hopefully that gets him going. This team is not a finished product, but imo this was another game where they showed more improvement.

Also very nice timeout and out of bounds call by Calipari at the end of the game that basically sealed it. They were able to get Quickley open for three and he basically finished the game on that shot.

Not too concerned about the free throw stat. UK is #9 in the nation in free throw shooting percent at 78.2%. They make 2 more free throws today and they are right at that percent.

A team is never going to play a perfect game, there is always going to be some negatives. All that matters is they won. They took away the biggest area they wanted to take away and that was Bama and its threes. Which Bama it said is ranked 15th in the nation in rebounds. Which can happen when a team shoots a lot of threes.

IMO while it was not perfect, I don’t think it was a sloppy game at all. It was another game where overall they are showing more improvement. They did a lot of good things in this one, especially on the offensive side and made big shots when needed every time Bama got close again.

Richards and Quickley keep playing great. Hagans played another good game overall, and same with Maxey. Sestina with a couple big threes and a couple nice defensive plays. Montgomery seemed more confident today and hopefully that gets him going. This team is not a finished product, but imo this was another game where they showed more improvement.

Also very nice timeout and out of bounds call by Calipari at the end of the game that basically sealed it. They were able to get Quickley open for three and he basically finished the game on that shot.

My point was on the 16 offensive rebounds they allowed. Their 15th in the nation rebounding is total rebounds. Alabama is top in the top 50 in the nation in offensive rebounding.

My points were made now we are 15 games into the season and 2 months from the starting of conference tournament. It’s hard to beat very good teams giving up 16 offensive rebounds and committing 14 turnovers and shooting below 70% from the line. They only shot 50% (10-20) from the line Tuesday in Georgia. I am thinking ahead to the tournament those 3 things I listed as areas that need improvement you do those things in March and you are heading home.

Except for about a 4 or 5 minute run, I thought they played pretty good today.

No team is going to hit every shot or stop every opponent's shot from going in, but it seems as if that would be the only way many would be happy. Some comments I've seen on-line this year lead me to believe the only acceptable outcome for some fans would be a score of 100-0 while shooting 100% from the field, line and 3pt line. Sure the team always has things they can improve on, but be happy with the win today.

The difference in Kentucky Fans and blind fans of other schools, Kentucky fans seem to only see their teams deficiencies while fans of some other schools refuse to admit their team has any deficiencies.

This wasn't directed at anyone's post, just general feelings based on the entire season so far.