Burrow & Fields

Tones

There has been A LOT of talk in other threads concerning these 2 QBs and their previous schools so I wanted to give the conversation its own thread. Are the scenarios the same?

The way I see it is QB2 leaves college1 because he isn't going to play over QB1. QB2 succeeds at college2 and out performs QB1 at college1. Is college1 stupid for not playing QB2?

My opinion is no, but there is absolutely no difference in Georgia deciding to let Fields go in lieu of Fromm and OSU letting Burrows go in lieu of Haskins. Sorry if the wording is confusing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean there is a difference. The QB1 at one school was a Heisman finalist and the coaching staff has shown the willingness to adjust the needs of the offense to the QB.

Wasn't Fromm in 2018 considered an early favorite in the Heisman race? If that is the case, which I believe it was, of course Georgia would continue to play him, esspecially after they had built their offense around him in the preseason.

Let's say Jake Fromm comes back for his senior year and uses that 5th year of college like Joe Burrow has to become a Heisman finalist and is drafted #15 or higher. Would that change any arguments or opinions?

If he comes back which is a conversation now, then this year was a failure. It would take quite the hypothetical turn around. Joe needed an opportunity, Fromm has had his.

If he comes back which is a conversation now, then this year was a failure. It would take quite the hypothetical turn around. Joe needed an opportunity, Fromm has had his.

But what if he does all I said? I don't think that is much of a stretch. If he becomes a Heisman finalist and is drafted 15 or higher, does that change this discussion?

There has been A LOT of talk in other threads concerning these 2 QBs and their previous schools so I wanted to give the conversation its own thread. Are the scenarios the same?

The way I see it is QB2 leaves college1 because he isn't going to play over QB1. QB2 succeeds at college2 and out performs QB1 at college1. Is college1 stupid for not playing QB2?

My opinion is no, but there is absolutely no difference in Georgia deciding to let Fields go in lieu of Fromm and OSU letting Burrows go in lieu of Haskins. Sorry if the wording is confusing.

The only difference is it doesn't fit the narrative some of our resident OSU guys want to use. You can be darn sure though, if it was the opposite way and Burrow sat for 3 years at another school. Then comes to OSU and wins a Heisman, and is the top pick. That our resident OSU guys would be all over that, and saying the same things they have about Georgia coaches and would have called the coaches who wouldn't play Burrow idiots. Talking about how their coaches was able to take a career backup, and make him a Heisman trophy winner lol.

What if Fields takes OSU to the finals and playoffs this year and next?

You guys are the ones trying to say OSU blowing off Burrow for Haskins is ok because Haskins turned into a Heisman finalist and was a first round draft choice. I'm asking if Fromm turns into the same, does that change the conversation.