Who wins?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 weeks removed from the same teams meeting in the same place. What can be learned going into week 12? Apparently a lot! If the Raiders can figure out what Coach Barker and his Comets did about slowing down that Red Devil ground game, East Carter stands a good chance of surviving one more week. If not, it will be more of the same from their last encounter. Champlin’s Raiders need to keep the energy they started with the last time, and not let up or buckle under the weight of the relentless Russell home crowd.

I look for Russell to pass more than 2 or 3 times this game being on a better surface. I'd like to see some shots down field. Russell needs to loosen defenses up. I heard TJ say before the game on his pregame show there was some stuff they weren't going to try offensively last week because of the field conditions at West Carter. I just went back and looked, Russell passed a total of 2 times against West.

Edited by GOREDDEVILS

I look for Russell to pass more than 2 or 3 times this game being on a better surface. I'd like to see some shots down field. Russell needs to loosen defenses up. I heard TJ say before the game on his pregame show there was some stuff they weren't going to try offensively last week because of the field conditions at West Carter. I just went back and looked, Russell passed a total of 2 times against West.

I think Russell has the potential to do more with the passing game than they've shown this year, but it's hard to go away from what's proven. I think TJ has absolute faith that they can line up and run the ball on anybody, but it would be nice to see a little offensive expansion this week. If they're able to run at will against East, I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing the ball in the air much.

Russell has such a clearly defined offensive personality that I'm not sure we'll see a refined, reliable passing game this season. At this point, they are who they are.

Who was the poster from Russell that kept saying Mercer wasn't a good team because we beat West Carter 21-0 1st game of the season? Seems like they said all year they were going to show it at the end of the season against West Carter.

Who was the poster from Russell that kept saying Mercer wasn't a good team because we beat West Carter 21-0 1st game of the season? Seems like they said all year they were going to show it at the end of the season against West Carter.

I said it and when I was saying it I didn't know West Carter's field was going to be muddy from rain the previous 2 days before the game. Personally I feel that if the game is played on a better surface Russell scores a couple more td's. Russell still matched the same amount of points Mercer did and did so on a muddy playing surface.

3A is wide open this year no unbeatable teams Even desales. It wouldn't surprise me if any of the top 10 are champs at the end.

Edited by GOREDDEVILS

I said it and when I was saying it I didn't know West Carter's field was going to be muddy from rain the previous 2 days before the game. Personally I feel that if the game is played on a better surface Russell s

cores a couple more td's. Russell still matched the same amount of points Mercer did and did so on a muddy playing surface.

3A is wide open this year no unbeatable teams Even desales. It wouldn't surprise me if any of the top 10 are champs at the end.

I agree with you on 3A. West Carter is not a bad team which is what I was saying earlier in the year. They did score 14 on you all on a muddy field. We shut them out.

I agree with you on 3A. West Carter is not a bad team which is what I was saying earlier in the year. They did score 14 on you all on a muddy field. We shut them out.

But on a clean non muddy playing surface they might not have scored. You never know. Their playing surface is usually bad but rain makes it worse there. Good Luck in your playoff games.

But on a clean non muddy playing surface they might not have scored. You never know. Their playing surface is usually bad but rain makes it worse there. Good Luck in your playoff games.

Yeah you never know. Cline probably would have preferred a dry field to cut on also. Good luck to you guys in the playoffs also.