BGP QOTD: What was the worst car you ever owned?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it was a 2002 Saturn SL2. It had problems out the yin-yang with just about everything in the engine, and it may have been completely unrelated, but for whatever reason that thing would wear through tires within literally about half of the time it was supposed to take for them to wear down. I ended up selling it for scrap after the transmission went out when it was only at like 75,000 miles - the mechanic said the cost of replacing the transmission with a refurbished one would probably negate any value on it.

It was either a 2000 or 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I leased it new off the lot. I was averaging 11 miles per gallon over the first month. Dealership told me to give it another couple months as it should be roughly double. 3 months later, still getting 11mpg. They told me my math was wrong until I laid out my receipts and mileage log as they didn't expect me to be tracking it. My math was right. They looked it over, said nothing appeared wrong, but definitely should be getting around 20mpg. I had a lemon. I ended up getting out of the lease, and went back to a Toyota. I've had a Toyota ever since.

2004 Nissan Maxima. Transmission went out, twice.

That's a known issue with Nissan's. You have to have 3 near-death experiences before they'll do anything. Unfortunately, that is their policy as I've known a few people that just went through it.

It was either a 2000 or 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I leased it new off the lot. I was averaging 11 miles per gallon over the first month. Dealership told me to give it another couple months as it should be roughly double. 3 months later, still getting 11mpg. They told me my math was wrong until I laid out my receipts and mileage log as they didn't expect me to be tracking it. My math was right. They looked it over, said nothing appeared wrong, but definitely should be getting around 20mpg. I had a lemon. I ended up getting out of the lease, and went back to a Toyota. I've had a Toyota ever since.

Why would they expect the gas mileage to improve on a car? Do they expect the engine to get "broken in" and work more smoothly?

2006 Dodge Stratus. Constant problems, check engine light always on mostly due to faulty sensors rather than real problems. Was just never really happy with anything about the car after buying it. Thank goodness my son wrecked it.