New floor at Henry County

IMG_0010.JPG

Saw this on Twitter this morning. Brand new floor going in at Henry County. I asked Coach Welch what the plans were for the old floor. They are working on the possibility of selling off pieces of the old floor like New Cath did. Lot of great players working toward a 31st and 8th region title on that floor. I'll post updates as I get them. Going to be very nice when done. Floor is huge with the side bleachers gone.

I will be interested to see what the new lower level looks like. As much as I hate to travel 60 miles for a regional game The Roy is well worth the time invested. I wouldn't trade the atmosphere I witnessed during the Collins/Oldham Co. game this past season. The epitome of Kentucky HS tournament time.

Do they run indoor track meets in the building?

One of the best financial decisions the Mason County BofE ever made was to buy the old Jockey building. STEM classes in part of the facility. Got a no-interest loan from the KTCCCA to put in an indoor track in the back. The thing paid for itself in no time, now all revenues are all profit.

One of the best financial decisions the Mason County BofE ever made was to buy the old Jockey building. STEM classes in part of the facility. Got a no-interest loan from the KTCCCA to put in an indoor track in the back. The thing paid for itself in no time, now all revenues are all profit.

What types of revenues would you be talking about at indoor track? Admission? Concessions?

What types of revenues would you be talking about at indoor track? Admission? Concessions?

The gym was and is not suitable for indoor track. the pic is a bit mis-leading. Gym is huge, but upper levels have a very thin aisle to get to upper seating and once the bleachers are back in, even retracted, those corners are too sharp for any indoor track. They have posted a newer one with the new painted floor, I'll get that one posted later on.

• 2 months later...

Here are the details on the floor pieces.

Three sizes. all are 9 inches wide

9 1/2 inches ($15.00)

13 inches ($20.00)

24 inches ($25.00 The 24 inch pieces may end up at 23 depending on where the nails were installed upon installation.

Colors have been a question for some folks. They will do their best to give you what you want. They can do solid red, alternating, or solid red in the middle with white on the out, or opposite that.

Contact Andrew Shearer (andrew.shearer@henry.kyschools.us) for more details and for ordering

I've ordered mine.