Summer league game

Went to New Albany in Indiana to watch a few games and watched the Male team destroy a pretty good New Albany team by 20 plus. Their press was quick and were relentless on defense. They were on fire from beyond the arc as well. I came in expecting a potential good team and I was not disappointed. About as good as you could look for May 30th. Their guard #3 had a great game and their incoming freshman, Glenn fit in very well. New Albany expects to be a top 10-15 team in Indiana this upcoming year and starts a 6'5, 6'6, and 6'7 but still couldn't do much against Male. The Trinity/ Ballard run of 7th region titles is in serious jeopardy this year.

Did the Glenn kid that just transferred there from Ballard play with them already?

He’s technically not a “transfer” because he hasn’t started high school yet. He’s still an 8th grader. He played yesterday.

He’s technically not a “transfer” because he hasn’t started high school yet. He’s still an 8th grader. He played yesterday.

Yes I guess "technically" but to me when a kid played varsity ball at a school he has transferred from that school. Since he played varsity ball at Ballard and now is playing for Male to me that's a transfer. I know it is totally legal and within the rules but I just prefer to call it what it is.lol

yes I guess "technically" but to me when a kid played varsity ball at a school he has transferred from that school. Since he played varsity ball at Ballard and now is playing for Male to me that's a transfer. I know it is totally legal and within the rules but I just prefer to call it what it is.lol

I don’t disagree with you at all. I remember Quentin Snider playing for JTown as a 7th grader, then Fern Creek as an 8th grader, then summer ball with Eastern, and showing up at Ballard the first day of school his freshman year.

I don’t disagree with you at all. I remember Quentin Snider playing for JTown as a 7th grader, then Fern Creek as an 8th grader, then summer ball with Eastern, and showing up at Ballard the first day of school his freshman year.

Wow.

Wow.

The actual reality about “summer ball” is that there really aren’t any rules. A kid could go play with anyone, and then pop up at another school. Integrity is one thing. But there are a lot of kids that will go play a couple of games with another school, and then not transfer. You think aau is the wild Wild West, go to a bunch of June games. You’ll recognize some kids from the day before wearing a different jersey.

Well, regardless if he decides to enroll there in August or not Male has a real good team. I noticed how positive their coach is with his players. Even after a reach in or cheap foul was made he was fine with it as long as his team was the aggressor. I respect that.

I thought summer games were not allowed until June 1st if you were in school? Jefferson Co is in school. Did they change this rule?

I don't know, thought the same for Indiana schools but the league started up. Seemed to be an organized event, as summer ball goes anyway. Its played on the Indiana side every Tuesday and Thursday and in Louisville Monday and Wednesday's I believe. Some good teams involved but doubt any teams in it are as good as Male.

Another Kentucky school that was playing was J-town and they beat up on a pretty weak small school in Indiana that lost their top 6 or 7 kids. It was hard to tell if J-town was good or the other team that bad but the Chargers do have a transfer from Jeffersonville Indiana who's a pretty decent player in the 2021 class.