Yo, VIP, let's kick it NCC!

theguru

Is that a red flag? Should we infer there are issues with work ethic? Why else do you post something like that?

I don't think it is a red flag. I think it is more of a culture thing. Simply stating that this is the place where people who don't meet their program demands will be. Motivation perhaps.

I don't like it. Not because it points out the slackers, but because I don't believe a coach would put a star player over there as quickly as he would a third stringer.

What about the coaches that follow through on their word and would put a star player there?

I don't think it is a red flag. I think it is more of a culture thing. Simply stating that this is the place where people who don't meet their program demands will be. Motivation perhaps.

How is that motivating? Who would be motivated by that? Players who expect playing time and aren't working hard enough? (red flag) If the players you are counting on to play and lead need that motivation and/or aren't working hard enough, that is a problem.

I see that as more of a throwing down the gauntlet - get in here with the right attitude and work hard or get out. Yes, that is a culture change. Changing a culture that isn't working.

How is that motivating? Who would be motivated by that? Players who expect playing time and aren't working hard enough? (red flag) If the players you are counting on to play and lead need that motivation and/or aren't working hard enough, that is a problem.

I see that as more of a throwing down the gauntlet - get in here with the right attitude and work hard or get out. Yes, that is a culture change. Changing a culture that isn't working.

Will it motivate every single player? Possibly not. I think it is a message for the folks who are skipping out on the weight room and plan to come out in June expecting a large role in my opinion. I definitely understand where you are coming from as well.

Whether it's effective or not, that's how I saw it.

I third the motion.