QB Camp & Instruction: 2019

In February and March, we've had over 40 QB's come to Harrodsburg for camp and small group instruction. Tyler Mattingly (Central Hardin), Boone Goldsmith (Lincoln Co.), Josh Painter (Mercer Co.), Josh Davis (Campbellsville U.) & my youngest son Trosper (will be a sophomore at Mercer) have all helped with the instruction.

We've had guys from Mercer, Boyle, Central Hardin, Bardstown Bethlehem, Barren, Rowan, Harrison, Lexington Catholic, LCA, Lou. Holy Cross, North Laurel, Russell Co., John Hardin, Simon Kenton, Collins, Frankfort, South Laurel, Ballard, Dunbar and more schools (can't remember all of them as I type this out).

As an entire group, the level of QB play has improved over the years. More kids are doing more in the offseason than in the past.

Here are some pictures:

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.39.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.39.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.39.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.39.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.39.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.40.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.40.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.40.58 AM.png

Our guy went down and had a heck of a time. Learned a lot. He felt like he was better by the end of the session. Definitely know what he needs to work on now. Thanks coach for putting this on, hope to send more your way in the future.

He was impressed with your facilities as well. Beats the pants off of our storage shed and portable outhouse!

Our guy went down and had a heck of a time. Learned a lot. He felt like he was better by the end of the session. Definitely know what he needs to work on now. Thanks coach for putting this on, hope to send more your way in the future.

He was impressed with your facilities as well. Beats the pants off of our storage shed and portable outhouse!

I’m glad he had a good experience. We work hard to do a good job for the kids. Good luck to your team in 2019 and thank you for this post!

Good to see a Pioneer at your camp. I hear we have a very good first entering the building come fall.

The two that were here in February did a good job. When camp filled up, you have a 3rd QB that has already said he will be here on June 14th. The Pioneers have some good QBs in the pipeline!

@ChiefSmoke do you have any information on the "resumes" of the Camp Instructors?

Sure....

Tyler Mattingly, Camp alumnus, QB at Meade Co., OC at Central Hardin

Boone Goldsmith, Camp alumnus, QB at Boyle Co., Assistant Coach at Lincoln, as been an assistant at Rowan, Casey, & Garrard

Josh Painter, GA from Coastal Carolina, currently WR/ Special Teams Coordinator, OLB coach at Mercer

Some times we will have....

Josh Davis, Campbellsville QB & Camp Alumnus, former Scott County QB

Clay McKee, Camp Alumnus, GA at UK, former Georgetown College & Scott County HS QB

Drew Davis, Camp Alumnus, former Mercer QB (2015), former Coach at South Warren and currently on the Allen County Scottsville staff

My son Trosper is an extra that helps me with the youngest guys. He will be a sophomore, has done camp multiple camps since very little, etc.

In Pikeville, Coach McNamee and some of his staff will serve as instructors.

• 3 weeks later...

Another good session today. We had guys from LCA, Boyle, Mercer, Harrison, Lincoln & Dunbar. It is fun for an old guy like me to work with QB's that are motivated and want to be the best they can be. Much success is ahead for this group... on and off the field!

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 6.55.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 6.54.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 6.54.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 6.54.21 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

This was our first time to do QB Camp at Pikeville HS and it went really well. Their football program is in the middle of an incredible upgrade to their facility. When everyone sees the final product, it will very special.

Mountain Quarterbacks have a history of being pretty good and our group today worked hard and performed well.

Thank you to my good friend and outstanding coach, Chris McNamee, for hosting the camp. It was an honor to work with QB's in eastern KY!

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 8.30.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 8.29.55 PM.png

• 6 months later...

We've had a great year of QB work. We had a good session this past Sunday morning before church. Will have another one this Sunday morning before church. All spots already filled. A bunch of guys are wanting to work to get better. The big camp will be on Saturday, 2/29. We will get forms out on the listserve next week.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 8.43.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 8.43.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 8.43.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 8.43.19 PM.png

This was our first time to do QB Camp at Pikeville HS and it went really well. Their football program is in the middle of an incredible upgrade to their facility. When everyone sees the final product, it will very special.

Mountain Quarterbacks have a history of being pretty good and our group today worked hard and performed well.

Thank you to my good friend and outstanding coach, Chris McNamee, for hosting the camp. It was an honor to work with QB's in eastern KY!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68411[/ATTACH]

Good luck to QB Camper & Pikeville Panther QB Isaac McNamee in the state championship on Friday! I enjoyed working with Isaac one Saturday in May. We did a camp in Pikeville. Wonderful young man from a great family. His Dad, Chris, has been a good friend for a long time.