I Met The Lady That Saved My Life

BFritz

And I didn't even know she had saved my life!

The car we wrecked in was small and it was crunched by the tree, so I always wondered how they had gotten me out without ripping the car apart.

Yesterday, I'm getting my hair cut, and I turn around afterwards and there's this lady looking at me with coloring in her hair and she says "you're Brad Fritz?"

I just smile and nod.

She says "I was in the car with you!"

I just smile and nod again.

She repeats herself.

Is this lady drunk? What car? It was only me, the passenger and the driver in the wreck.

I just smile and nod.

She says "you were my first call."

Now, I'm kind of curious, but still not sure what she's talking about.

"I was a first responder to the cemetery the night of the wreck. They couldn't get to you because the car was so crunched up and I was small enough to fit in it, so we knocked out the back windshield, I climbed in, opened your airway, got you breathing, and then lifted you out the back............."

I just start BAWLING crying, and I NEVER cry.

If they had waited for the jaws of life or even just used their tools to bust it all open and get me out, there's no way that I survive.

I've met the pilot of AirCare that flew me to the hospital in Cincinnati, I've met the cop who called AirCare, and I've met a few other people, but this lady is literally the reason that I'm alive!

I kept crying for the next two hours and I've cried off and on since it happened!

Carma brought her back to you for a reason. Gave you an answer to a question you had about that awful night . Another piece of the puzzle. Great story!

A reminder to us all. Wonderful trauma centers like UC are rightfully credited with saving the lives of people involved in horrific accidents. Though this is true, the first responders are the ones who open airways, brace broken spines, and stabilize people so trauma centers can do what they do. God bless that lady and those like her!

Awesome story.

Unreal.........

Words can not describe what you experienced today.

I'm still in shock.

I can barely function.

The only reason I'm alive is because of this lady.

How many people ever experience something like that?

Carma brought her back to you for a reason. Gave you an answer to a question you had about that awful night . Another piece of the puzzle. Great story!

A reminder to us all. Wonderful trauma centers like UC are rightfully credited with saving the lives of people involved in horrific accidents. Though this is true, the first responders are the ones who open airways, brace broken spines, and stabilize people so trauma centers can do what they do. God bless that lady and those like her!

I wish it had brought her back sooner!

I never even knew much about how they got me out or anything (like I said) or about anything that happened just after because I don't ask people that were there because I don't want them to have to relive it again.

I'm definitely lucky that UC is right here because I'm about 99% sure I'd be dead if we didn't have a nationally ranked trauma center this close.

A cop that was in the cemetery told my friends that I was already dead because I looked so bad.

God bless her!

I'd really love her to come to one of my presentations to see my full story.

That's great.

Unbelievable.

Wow! Prayers to you and that lady!

Thank you!

Thank you for sharing that with everyone.

I'm trying to share with the world!

It's not every day that someone meets the person that saved their life!