Murray State 77 Belmont 65

tcjkbt

Great atmosphere last night in the Ford Center! New OVC Championship game attendance record with 10,525. I’m not sure why they hold the OVC title game in a MVC teams arena, in a town with no OVC teams, but I prefer it to the old arena in Nashville they kept playing in.

Out of the 10,525, I’d say 9k+ were Racer fans.

Great atmosphere last night in the Ford Center! New OVC Championship game attendance record with 10,525. I’m not sure why they hold the OVC title game in a MVC teams arena, in a town with no OVC teams, but I prefer it to the old arena in Nashville they kept playing in.

Much nicer arena than the Nashville one.

The Ford Center is a much better setup than Municipal. Municipal is a straight up dump. It was when I was going there 20+ years ago for the OVC, still is today.

This was the 3rd time I’ve seen Murray and Belmont play for the OVC title. I hate watching Belmont play. Seems like it’s always just them cranking up 3’s. The year Canaan dribbled the ball off his foot to lose, I think we could’ve made a run in the tournament, and it just felt like Belmont stayed in the game cause of all those 3’s.

This was the 3rd time I’ve seen Murray and Belmont play for the OVC title. I hate watching Belmont play. Seems like it’s always just them cranking up 3’s. The year Canaan dribbled the ball off his foot to lose, I think we could’ve made a run in the tournament, and it just felt like Belmont stayed in the game cause of all those 3’s.
They are a well-oiled offensive machine reliant upon knocking down perimeter shots. A clear discrepancy in the athleticism of the two teams, however. Murray State and Jacksonville State are the two teams able to out-athlete Belmont and able to switch every screen. They were only able to beat Murray State one time out of these four match-ups, and that was with Morant going out the second minute of the game with an injury.

They are a well-oiled offensive machine reliant upon knocking down perimeter shots. A clear discrepancy in the athleticism of the two teams, however. Murray State and Jacksonville State are the two teams able to out-athlete Belmont and able to switch every screen. They were only able to beat Murray State one time out of these four match-ups, and that was with Morant going out the second minute of the game with an injury.

I’m surprised Byrd has never gotten a bigger school job. Let’s face it, he’s winning with kids that you would never look at and think college athlete. Like #10. That dude had the most unathletic running form I’ve seen in a college sport :lol2:

I have saw a couple of projection brackets today that have Belmont in the tourney. That would be nice for the OVC to be a two bid league this season.

Yep. It has been 32 years since the OVC has gotten two teams into the tournament.

I’m surprised Byrd has never gotten a bigger school job. Let’s face it, he’s winning with kids that you would never look at and think college athlete. Like #10. That dude had the most unathletic running form I’ve seen in a college sport :lol2:

Just don't believe that has been his desire. I am sure if he had pushed it before now he could have gotten big school offers, but he has it set at Belmont. I've heard his entire compensation package nets him about $1MM a year. Far and away the most of any OVC coach. He is able to recruit private school kids that want to redshirt and play as part of his system. Perfectly content sitting at his private university amassing 25+ wins each year.