Cooper vs. Highlands Predictions (9th Region Quarterfinals)

Who wins?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This is going to be a better game than most are anticipating. Highlands has the horses to win this game, and it wouldn't shock me if they do. If Highlands is healthy, this will be a dandy for the first round of regional. I would think Coach Sullivan did not like seeing Highlands style in the first round.

This is going to be a better game than most are anticipating.

To the contrary, I think most are with you in that Highlands can, and certainly may, win the game. I think you're actually in the majority.

I'm going to take the other side and say that it isn't going to be as close as most are predicting, that Cooper wins a game that may only be 10-15 on the scoreboard, but will be described by those in attendance as "not as close as the score indicates".

This should be a great game. Highlands has been playing well as of late and Cooper seems to be getting everyone's best shot. Cooper's defense is obviously the key tonight. If Sisson can put the bluebirds on his back, then I can see the upset happening. I am still going with Cooper. 43-39.

How did Sullivan/Cooper defend Sisson the first time they played each other?

I feel the first game was not/cannot be used to predict how Cooper will handle Sisson. BOTH teams are better. Both teams have been tested since and both teams I'm sure, have added new wrinkles to their offensive and defensive strategies.

Also, the first game this year was without Sam Vinson for Highlands, and anyone who has watched them enough knows how valuable he is for starting the Bluebird offense. If Highlands can limit turnovers, get the ball inside, and be patient then we may have an upset tonight!

I feel the first game was not/cannot be used to predict how Cooper will handle Sisson. BOTH teams are better. Both teams have been tested since and both teams I'm sure, have added new wrinkles to their offensive and defensive strategies.

Also, the first game this year was without Sam Vinson for Highlands, and anyone who has watched them enough knows how valuable he is for starting the Bluebird offense. If Highlands can limit turnovers, get the ball inside, and be patient then we may have an upset tonight!

That Cooper Highlands game was just a month ago. There shouldn't be that much difference now versus then in what the teams are doing. However, the Vinson factor makes things different.

Back to my question, what was Cooper's defensive plan versus Sisson the first game?

I disagree that both teams are better. Cooper is actually playing worse in the last few weeks.

However, I am still going with the Jags by single digits.

I disagree that both teams are better. Cooper is actually playing worse in the last few weeks.

However, I am still going with the Jags by single digits.

10-2 since the Cov Cath loss is pretty solid, but I get what you are saying.

If true, I hope it continues to take a downward spiral, at least for another night!