Frank Robinson has died

One might say Frank is the most underrated player in MLB history.

586 HR (only Ruth, Aaron, and Mays had more when he retired).

2943 hits. 1966 Triple Crown. MVP in both leagues. And an outstanding defensive player and base runner.

Oh yeah, he didn’t make the All Century Team in 1999.

I remember when the Reds traded him to the Orioles in 1965. He promptly led Baltimore to the World Series Championship the next year and also was a Triple Crown winner and league MVP. It was one of the worst trades in baseball history for one team and one of the greatest for the other.

I remember when the Reds traded him to the Orioles in 1965. He promptly led Baltimore to the World Series Championship the next year and also was a Triple Crown winner and league MVP. It was one of the worst trades in baseball history for one team and one of the greatest for the other.

Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio.

Not to threadjack, but there was one move that the Reds made that was far worse than Robby for Pappas and a couple of also-rans.

I'm a pretty old guy; I remember this one like it was yesterday. Basically gave Christy Mathewson away in late 1900 (a new century - exciting times!). He went on to win 373 games for the Giants. There's been a lot of debate over whether or not the Reds actually traded Matty for a washed-up Amos Rusie. But however it went down, Mathewson was the one that got away.