9th Region All 'A' Classic - Final Four

Just wanted to point out what an incredible All 'A' Classic Final Four we have on tap in the 9th Region Friday night at NewCath.

While many considered the Newport/Beechwood play-in game to basically be the championship game played first, I think that St. Henry, Holy Cross, and NewCath might want to have something to say about that.

Sure Newport is the favorite, but you really can't sleep on any of the other teams as they're very competitive, and each have some very nice talent.

NewCath is sure to be where it's at this Friday in the 9th Region!!!

6:00 St. Henry vs. Holy Cross

8:00 Newport vs. NewCath

Edited by B-Ball-fan

Team Player Probables:

Newport

00 DaeShawn White - Jr. G

02 Donnie Miller -Sr. G

32 Tahj Harding - Sr. F

11 Kaleal Davis - Jr. F

04 Makhi McGuire - Sr. F

05 Zien Garland -Sr. G

NewCath

15 Eli Howard - Jr G

23 Evan Mullikin - Jr F

10 Ben Glaser - Sr. G

24 Caleb Jefferson - Jr. G

31 Joel Iles - Fr. G

32 Ross Pangallo - Fr. G

21 Cody Mueller - Jr. G

St. Henry

12 Wyatt Vieth - So. F

11 Alex Westerbeck - Sr. G

03 Connor Shea - Jr. G

22 Jude Bessler - So. F

14 Quentin Becker - Sr. F

24 Reid Ravenscrat - So.

05 Alex Daniel - Jr. G

Holy Cross

55 Pete Knochelmann - Sr. C

13 Nate Neihaus - Jr. G

11 Andrew Wahl - Sr. G

23 Jeremiah Hicks - Sr. G

02 Caeden Castleman - Jr. G

02 Brandon McClendon - So. G

35 Even Lewis - Sr. F

21 Trent Gabbard - Jr. G

04 Luke Dreas - Jr. G

My apologies if I've overlooked any notable players, and please do mention any who I may have missed...Thanks.

You may have noticed a leading zero on single digit player numbers, but I just did that to keep even the listings for a better viewing experience.

Edited by B-Ball-fan

Another reminder that no matter the tourney, it will instantly have players rise to the occasion to play some of the best ball of their lives.

These are moments you can't see in the final stats. To be moved by this type of die-hard effort can only happen by seeing all of the exciting action in person.

Do yourself a big favor, and get out these Final Four games at NewCath on Friday night. It's sure to be a thrilling experience.

B-Ball-Fan, I don't know what the 9th All A is paying you for PR and being there Hype Man, but you deserve a raise. Well done!!!

I believe the kid at St. Henry is Ravenscraft, with an "F"....at least that is the case if he is the brother of the really good kid at St. Paul. I thought that was the case, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm assuming we get a St. Henry vs Newport championship game, but as B-Ball pointed out, everyone has a puncher's chance.

Should be a fun weekend for the All A.

Excellent write up for this tourney. The semi’s should be pretty intense - especially the battle of Newport between the Wildcats and Breds. Interesting matchups between the 2 teams across the board Srs vs Jrs.

All 4 of these teams have quite a few talented and skilled kids even though they fly under the radar for most part in NKY.

B-Ball-Fan, I don't know what the 9th All A is paying you for PR and being there Hype Man, but you deserve a raise. Well done!!!

I believe the kid at St. Henry is Ravenscraft, with an "F"....at least that is the case if he is the brother of the really good kid at St. Paul. I thought that was the case, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm assuming we get a St. Henry vs Newport championship game, but as B-Ball pointed out, everyone has a puncher's chance.

Should be a fun weekend for the All A.

HaHaHa....thanks... I probably have too much time on my hands, but seriously folks there is so much great talent in the 9th Region this season that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Exposure to this Final Four is paramount, and it's some of the hottest B-Ball action you're gonna find for those who just can't wait for March Madness.

Regular season games are great depending on the night and competition, but you're sure to see some serious die-hard action in the All 'A' Classic Final Four.

These kids deserve a pat on the back. They work their tails off everyday in practice and you can just see the magic of how teamwork pays off in with these guys' team unity.

I don't know if it's just me, but unlike in years past, the level of play in the 9th Region top to bottom, and probably throughout the state is much higher and focused.

I saw Villa Madonna and Ludlow play the other night, and while their W/L records might not say much, and they both took on the chin blowout losses in this tourney, both teams had some really decent players, and their teamwork showed a "Who cares if we're gonna lose, we're still gonna give it all we've got" ethic.

It feels like the bar has risen, and even teams who traditionally struggle have been treated to some very good coaching and great team development tactics. Go to any game even with some overlooked teams, and you're still gonna walk away impressed by the level of play, and some really decent players.

I am hearing that the Championship game on Saturday has been moved from 7:00 pm to 4:30 pm due to the pending bad weather. Can someone else confirm this?

Also, Holy Cross junior guard Nate Niehaus should be listed as a top player. He currently leads Holy Cross in scoring and can really shoot the 3.

Team Player Probables:

Newport

00 DaeShawn White - Jr. G

02 Donnie Miller -Sr. G

32 Tahj Harding - Sr. F

11 Kaleal Davis - Jr. F

04 Makhi McGuire - Sr. F

05 Zien Garland -Sr. G

NewCath

15 Eli Howard - Jr G

23 Evan Mullikin - Jr F

10 Ben Glaser - Sr. G

24 Caleb Jefferson - Jr. G

31 Joel Iles - Fr. G

32 Ross Pangallo - Fr. G

21 Cody Mueller - Jr. G

St. Henry

12 Wyatt Vieth - So. F

11 Alex Westerbeck - Sr. G

03 Connor Shea - Jr. G

22 Jude Bessler - So. F

14 Quentin Becker - Sr. F

24 Reid Ravenscrat - So.

05 Alex Daniel - Jr. G

Holy Cross

55 Pete Knochelmann - Sr. C

13 Nate Neihaus - Jr. G

11 Andrew Wahl - Sr. G

23 Jeremiah Hicks - Sr. G

02 Caeden Castleman - Jr. G

02 Brandon McClendon - So. G

35 Even Lewis - Sr. F

21 Trent Gabbard - Jr. G

04 Luke Dreas - Jr. G

My apologies if I've overlooked any notable players, and please do mention any who I may have missed...Thanks.

You may have noticed a leading zero on single digit player numbers, but I just did that to keep even the listings for a better viewing experience.

Jeremiah Hicks is a Sophomore.