Carol Channing Dead at 97

B-Ball-fan

Carol Channing, legendary actress, singer, dancer and comedian of stage and screen, and recognized most for her Tony Award winning performance in Hello Dolly in 1964 has passed at 97.

What an incredible long life, and wonderful career.

Some might remember her for her distinctive sounding voice.

Though Barbra Streisand starred in the movie version, I recall at age 5 in 1969 first hearing about Hello Dolly because my parents who married in 1952 and had 6 children, with me being the youngest, and my oldest sister at the time being 16 finally had the chance to have their first movie date together for the first time in 17 years, so it was a big deal for Mom and Dad to go out and leave big sister the duty of minding all of the kids which she did very responsibly.

There's not many stars left that I can associate with my parents, so it's sorta hard each and every time one more leaves us.

R.I.P Carol Channing... there'll never be another like you.

Carol_Channing_colour_Allan_Warren.jpg

Can't think about Carol Channing without thinking of the various impersonations done of her by Ryan Stiles on Whose Line Is It Anyway?.

I just looked Ryan Stiles up to see what you were referring to, and I never realized before than he is the one who played the character Herb on Two and a Half Men who was Judith's boyfriend.