Could this be a March Madness Matchup: (6) Kentucky vs (11) Murray State

The Scribe

What?
Kentucky and Murray State have never played in basketball

The only way (in the foreseeable future) this happens is in the NCAA Tournament.

This could happen this year

Kentucky is playing themselves into a six seed

Murray State could be as high as an 11 seed based on their resume.

Jacksonville is a first round NCAA site.

This could be the year they finally meet

Last year's UK team didn't even far as low as a 6 seed. This year's UK team is better than last year's team. Much like many people have done over the last few years. People are over reacting and UK will have a much better seed than what people currently think.

There is nothing on Earth I would dread more.

Murray State could only drop 1-2 more games tops to be considered for an 11 seed. They were a 12 last year and dropped five games in the regular season. Big thing to get up into that 11 range is not to have any bad losses.

I think this is the year it finally happens in the NCAA Tournament in Jacksonville, Fla. in the first round. Barring a late season collapse, I think the OVC is a two-bid league as long as it stays Murray and Belmont

Way too early to tell but that does look interesting. I hadn't realized that the two have never played. I think that maybe U.K. should look to schedule MSU. I would love to see Murray make the tourney.

Last year's UK team didn't even far as low as a 6 seed. This year's UK team is better than last year's team. Much like many people have done over the last few years. People are over reacting and UK will have a much better seed than what people currently think.

UK would have to have the wheels completely come off the bus to be a 6. I also think Murray would need a LOT to go right to get an 11. So...could it happen this year? Yes!!! But more likely as a 3 vs 14.

Would be fun, for sure.

I don't know about Murray getting an 11 seed but UK could absolutely drop as low as a 6 seed. They have 6 games remaining against Tennessee, Auburn and Mississippi State as well as a game against Kansas. Throw in a tough SEC tourney and other league road games and they could easily drop another 5-6 games before the NCAA tournament.

I don't know about Murray getting an 11 seed but UK could absolutely drop as low as a 6 seed. They have 6 games remaining against Tennessee, Auburn and Mississippi State as well as a game against Kansas. Throw in a tough SEC tourney and other league road games and they could easily drop another 5-6 games before the NCAA tournament.

You are right they do have a tough schedule. While they may lose a few, there is also a good chance they win some of those too. Meaning they will have good wins on their resume. They are currently I believe 12th in the new metric thing they are using this year. So with what their strength of schedule will be like by the end of the year, the chance of having some very good resume wins on their schedule.

Last years team was 10 and 8 in the SEC and had 10 losses, and they still weren't even a 6 seed. This year's team is better than last years team, and probably finish with a better overall record and SEC record. So no I don't see them dropping to a 6. IMO they will when it's all said and done, be a 2 or 3, at worst a 4.