Rick Pitino Finalizing Deal to Become Euroleague Coach

Does he really need money? I'd think he could live very comfortably the rest of his life.

That is what I was thinking, this can't be about needing money.

I'm sure he doesn't NEED it per se, but if he can con someone into paying him he will. :lol2:

He wants to coach. It's all he's ever done. What else is he going to do besides TV? There needs to be some time to heal the wounds of his image here and the people there probably don't know much or care much about it.

A little bit of ego here too, to pad his resume. He can now say that he's coached in the most iconic arena in basketball, coached the best college program in history and won a title, coach the greatest pro franchise, coached another great college program and won a title, and now coaches one of the best Euro teams.

Per Bob Valvano's show today, this is a team with a good coach who is 8-0 and has an arena that seats 18,000 +. They fired the coach and are bringing in Rick. This is a perfect situation for Coach Pitino.

Why did they fire the coach who was 8-0?? Was it just to bring in Pitino? If so, I like Pitino even less than before...I mean, was he lobbying for a job when an undefeated coach was in place? Or was the guy fired for some other reason before Pitino was in the picture?

Why did they fire the coach who was 8-0?? Was it just to bring in Pitino? If so, I like Pitino even less than before...I mean, was he lobbying for a job when an undefeated coach was in place? Or was the guy fired for some other reason before Pitino was in the picture?

They’re not 8-0, they are 6-7.