13. Walton-Verona

14. George Rogers Clark

15. Lafayette

16. Butler

17. Male

18. Collins

19. South Laurel

20. Fern Creek

Obviously, Mayfield, who hasn't played a game yet, is a question mark. They get P.T. at home this week, so while that should be a test, that is a game they should win. They don't have a lot of "tests" on their schedule this year, so I think they're going to be a challenge all year to figure out where to place. Their game on the 11th at McCracken Co. should be a good early-season yardstick for the Cards.

Obviously, Mayfield, who hasn't played a game yet, is a question mark. They get P.T. at home this week, so while that should be a test, that is a game they should win. They don't have a lot of "tests" on their schedule this year, so I think they're going to be a challenge all year to figure out where to place. Their game on the 11th at McCracken Co. should be a good early-season yardstick for the Cards.

I think the next 3 teams behind Mayfield in region 1 are underrated. Tilghman, McCracken and Graves are all very solid teams. Mayfield's 2nd game of the season is against Briarcrest Christian from the Memphis area. I think they are pretty good. They beat LexCath by double digits. They play in a holiday tournament with Lafayette so maybe they will get to match up with them. They have UHA on the schedule too. For the most part I do agree with you though, fairly weak schedule. And in my mind they are ranked about 10 spots too high.

If Mayfield improved any over last year, which they should, they will be a top 10 team in the state. They didn't lose anybody and ended last year in the top 15. Their schedule is definitely weak for a top team....however Tilghman, McCracken, and Graves are all very good teams.

Said gleefully, I noticed. For a guy that likes Duke, rooting for CovCath should be right up your alley! :sssh:

Just pure, honest commentary. I have no beef at all with CovCath and I am a huge fan of their program and everything Scott Ruthsatz is doing up there. Coming in to this week they were easily #3 in the state in my opinion. Now, for the time being, I have to re-evaluate where they should be ranked.

This was a surprising and unexpected loss even without Mayer but there is no doubt in my mind that they will bounce back.