2A State Championship: #1 Mayfield vs. #2 Christian Academy of Louisville

DevilMayCare

Who gets the W?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

The ultimate “old school vs. new school” matchup. Mayfield, with its rich tradition and championship pedigree versus CAL, the relative new kid on the block, trying to establish some blueblood status of its own. Mayfield (14-0) finished the regular season as the top ranked team in 2A, followed closely by CAL (14-0) at #2.

The Cardinals possess 2A’s highest scoring offense at 48 ppg. The Centurions counter with 2A’s top scoring defense, allowing just 6 ppg. Something's got to give.

Will 2A’s best quarterback, Jaden Stinson, lead the Cardinals to state title #13? Or will 2A’s best all around player, Milton Wright, help CAL claim its second title in three years?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking Mayfield. CAL has a great team but Somerset found a way to move the ball on them effectively tonight. If not for a penalty on the Centurion's 5 yard line the Jumpers would have scored 4 times. I think Mayfield's staff, coupled with a better offense than Somerset, will take the Jumpers blueprint and find a way to put up some points. I'll take the Cardinals 31-21 in a good one.

As AverageJoe said, if Somerset could move the ball against them...Mayfield will have a field day. The Mayfield offense is just a different animal, they are balanced and can devastate a team on the ground or in the air.

CAL has weapons as well, I think this will be an offensive shootout not a defensive struggle.