Pass Interference: Yes or No?

Watusi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No pass interference. Defender has head and eyes clearly on the ball. He makes a play on the ball and has as much right to the ball in the air as the receiver. From what I can see from this video.

Yes the defender has a right to the ball, but you can’t go thru the receiver to get to the ball his right hand was in Smith’s back pushing him out of the way, and that’s something you can’t see in this video.

The answer is yes the defender places his hand on the receiver before the ball was there. Keep in mind high school rules are tighter than college and pro rules. If the defender touches the receiver before the ball is there the refs are going to call it. I don’t like the rule and it’s not consistently called in high school depends on which set of refs you get. IE Sky conference refs call it tighter than Western Kentucky Refs.

The answer is yes the defender places his hand on the receiver before the ball was there. Keep in mind high school rules are tighter than college and pro rules. If the defender touches the receiver before the ball is there the refs are going to call it. I don’t like the rule and it’s not consistently called in high school depends on which set of refs you get. IE Sky conference refs call it tighter than Western Kentucky Refs.

That’s exactly what happened and the side judge was about 4 yds from the play.

Yes the defender has a right to the ball, but you can’t go thru the receiver to get to the ball his right hand was in Smith’s back pushing him out of the way, and that’s something you can’t see in this video.

If your playing the ball, you can get away with murder on every level. Most of the time. Ball should have never been thrown. If the quarterback makes that decision we’re not having this discussion.

The defender had inside position. He didn't drive through the receiver to get to the ball. I think the ref got faked out because the receiver was diving back for the ball. The receiver was going down diving for the ball before there was any contact. The ref probably thought he was going down because of some contact from the defender.