Red Sox 4 Yankees 3

mcpapa

Boston nearly gave it away in the 9th, but held on to win the ALDS 3 games to 1. Timely hitting and starting pitching were the clear differences between the two squads. If the pinstripers aren't hitting homers in bunches, they struggle to score.

It's a happy day in the papa household.

The only thing in MLB that gives me as much joy as the Reds winning is the Yankees losing. Plus, the Red Sox have always been my #2 favorite team in MLB behind the Reds. I loved that game last night. It was almost better that the Yankees came that close to coming back in the ninth. It made the loss even more gut wrenching for the Yankees.

It's a great day to be a Red Sox fan. It's always fun to beat the Yankees, even more fun to do it in the playoffs. I had my doubts going into the series but once I saw that Chris Sale looked to be okay I though that home field would be enough to pull them through. I never expected to go in and take 2 in a row at Yankee Stadium. The Astros are going to be a bear with that pitching staff. Should be a great series.

Red Sox fans need to be careful because they are slowly overtaking Yankees and Cubs fans as the most annoying in all of baseball. The Red Sox fans almost made me want to root for the Yankees last night.

It was at Yankee Stadium, full of Yankee fans. What did the few Red Sox fans their do to annoy you?

There are a ton of bandwagon Red Sox fans that have sprung up since 2004, just like the Cubs fans that popped around 2015. Most real Red Sox fans are smart baseball people. The bandwagon fans annoy us as well, but everyone is welcome on the wagon.

It was at Yankee Stadium, full of Yankee fans. What did the few Red Sox fans their do to annoy you?

There are a ton of bandwagon Red Sox fans that have sprung up since 2004, just like the Cubs fans that popped around 2015. Most real Red Sox fans are smart baseball people. The bandwagon fans annoy us as well, but everyone is welcome on the wagon.

I’m talking about twitter not the fans at the game.

I’m talking about twitter not the fans at the game.

Well to be fair the Yankee fans brought some of that on themselves with their "We want Boston" chant last week during the wild card game. Don't call another team's fanbase out and then be surprised when they let you have it when they beat you. Judge further fanned the flames when he played "New York, New York" as he walked by the Red Sox clubhouse after game 2. This year made it feel like the rivalry was really back. I didn't see anything particularly nasty, just normal rivalry stuff.

Well to be fair the Yankee fans brought some of that on themselves with their "We want Boston" chant last week during the wild card game. Don't call another team's fanbase out and then be surprised when they let you have it when they beat you. Judge further fanned the flames when he played "New York, New York" as he walked by the Red Sox clubhouse after game 2. This year made it feel like the rivalry was really back. I didn't see anything particularly nasty, just normal rivalry stuff.

Nothing nasty on either side. I agree. Just good old fashioned hate. But the Red Sox fans were still annoying the hell out of me.

Boston nearly gave it away in the 9th, but held on to win the ALDS 3 games to 1. Timely hitting and starting pitching were the clear differences between the two squads. If the pinstripers aren't hitting homers in bunches, they struggle to score.

It's a happy day in the papa household.

And Alex Cora managed circles around Aaron Boone.

The Red Sox/Astros series should be a really good one.

I’m pulling fo an Astros and Brewers World Series.

Same here. But it will be weird having not one, but two teams that switched leagues, in that matchup. While I've gotten used to Milwaukee being a NL team a little quicker, due to their games with the Reds, I still have to remind myself every now and then that Houston is now an AL squad.