2A #2 Christian Academy of Louisville vs. Shawnee

Who gets the W?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

No one takes pride in this matchup Mr. Seymour. It is similar to Trinity v J-town, Mayfield v. any team in the central time zone, St. X v. Fairdale. I could go on. From what I understand Shawnee is moving to 1-A next year and will no longer be in the same district with CAL and Desales, a much needed change. It is a heck lot more difficult to suit up for Shawnee than it is for the CAL, Desales, Trinity, Mayfield and the St. X's of the world. Hopefully, these young men can take something positive from their football experience into life.

I wouldn't take a great deal of pride in the disparity between the two programs.

There are some on here who remember a time when CAL did not strike fear into opponents.

Don’t quite understand where this comment even came from. No body is bragging or even close. Shawnee is a game CAL has to play. They go into the game every year not wanting to get hurt or hurt the other team. The parents at CAL cheer when Shawnee makes a good play. CAL’s cheerleaders have went to the visitor stands in the past. Nothing but goodwill here. I think your comment is misdirected and off base. I have a lot of respect for the players sticking it out at Shawnee and the coaches that are ther trying to reestablish a program. There are some athletes on that team, but just not enough to make a difference.

Edited by CAL FAN
Spelling

I think he was talking about the posters claiming CAL's JV or even Freshman would win. However likely, it is unfortunate and unnecessary to say. I agree that CAL fans are some of the best and don't rub it in the Shawnee faces. Nothing wrong with a game to get younger guys reps and rest for starters.

No one takes pride in this matchup Mr. Seymour. It is similar to Trinity v J-town, Mayfield v. any team in the central time zone, St. X v. Fairdale. I could go on. From what I understand Shawnee is moving to 1-A next year and will no longer be in the same district with CAL and Desales, a much needed change. It is a heck lot more difficult to suit up for Shawnee than it is for the CAL, Desales, Trinity, Mayfield and the St. X's of the world. Hopefully, these young men can take something positive from their football experience into life.

I apologize.

I perhaps misread the author's intent.

I could not otherwise fathom why someone would assert that a JV or Frosh team would prevail over the Varsity of another program who valiantly struggles.

WE all know it is a required game.

The meaning of then post(s) was obviously lost on me.

I hope this doesn't mean that we're not friends anymore.