Campbell County 13 Conner 9

Connor RB is solid. Camels Offense struggles most of the game....however the final drive was a thing of beauty. Defense again comes up big for Camels. Winning is the key.....this was a game you take the “W” and move on. Learn from it and use it to get better. Definitely feel Camels will need a stronger start against SK next week.

Exciting game. Can anyone explain to me how the game ended. Conner has the ball, one play left. They do the ol'keep lateraling to another guy trying to get a score. Eventually tackled with no time on the clock. After the tackle Campbell gets called for personal foul /but game is over. Although I am a CC fan, I thought games couldn't end on defensive penalty? What is the ruling here?

It was a dead ball penalty so game is over. If the flag was thrown prior to the play ending (the whistle) Connor would have been given 1 play to run. Not sure what actually occurred but apparently it was an unsportsmanlike penalty after the play/game had ended.

It wasn’t an easy game to watch......

I’m still a little perplexed about the off setting personal fouls called after the Camels pick 6. How do you have off setting calls, but the Camels lose 15 yards? Took the officials 10 minutes, and several meeting of the minds on the field to make the call. Someone fill me in if you know the details.

This corps of officials seemed to struggle with a few calls on this evening.

I’m still a little perplexed about the off setting personal fouls called after the Camels pick 6. How do you have off setting calls, but the Camels lose 15 yards? Took the officials 10 minutes, and several meeting of the minds on the field to make the call. Someone fill me in if you know the details.

I would love to hear the ruling on this, also. Conner up 6-0 and Camels intercept for pick six. Flags fly on opposite side of play as Camels are going into endzone 30 yards diagonally away from infraction. TD negated by unsportsmanlike offsetting penalties, but Camels given ball with 15 yard penalty from spot of offsetting. Got to admit, I am not current on why Camels got ball (TD negated); but, I suspect the extra 15 yard penalty was against unhappy coach.

This was the hardest high school game I have ever watched. You have got to have some interest in the game (player, school, coach, or something) to hang in there because this was about high school football at its worse. Sorry for not keeping it positive.

I still don’t get it but what was explained was CC had to decline the penalty to keep the ball because if CC didn’t then it would offsetting and it would be a replay of the down (Conner’s ball). Due to the fact CC declined it then it was their ball at the spot of the interception then +15 yards because Conner accepted the penalty.

I still don’t get it because the penalty occurred AFTER the INT.

I really like this Camels team. That being said.......

With their QB, and his ability to run and throw. Why they aren’t doing much more RPO. Plus, stop trying to run between the tackles so much. Throw in a Little misdirection from time to time.

I watched the film on the pick six that was called back. The Conner player drove the Camels defender into the ground, pinned him down and wouldn’t let him up. The Camels player battled just to get to his feet and was somehow rewarded with a personal foul. If anything, the Conner player deserved the personal foul and a holding penalty.