Outlook for Friday September 7, 2018

nWo

After a chance for some light rain showers mainly from around the I-64 corridor northward earlier in the day. It looks like a pleasant night for high school football. The following simulated radar is from 2 pm Et/1 central to 2 am ET/1 am central.

32-nodither.gif

The temperatures look to be from the mid to upper 70s mainly east of I-65. Some could see temps from the low to mid-80s. This is west of I-65 and around the Corbin, London, and Somerset areas.

sfct.us_ov.png

The heat index could be a slight problem for some. Especially in western Kentucky where the heat index could reach the low 90s.

90.jpg

Take care and have a great Wednesday.

How about the Beechwood at Corbin game? As a northern Kentuckian I do not understand phrases "I-64 corridor" or "Bluegrass Parkway"
I-64 corridor simply means the area around I-64 including I-64. Bluegrass Parkway is the highway from Woodford County to Elizabethtown.

Look for temps from the low to mid 80s with the possibility of a stray shower.

What's Sunday look like in Louisville? I'm supposed to play golf at Valhalla that afternoon.

Sunny with morning temps in the mid-60s with highs from mid-70s to maybe lower 80s. Little or no chance of rain.

Moisture from Tropical Depression Gordon looks to move into Kentucky on Friday. For now, it looks that most of the heaviest rainfall will stay north of Kentucky. Those in parts of western Kentucky along the Ohio River and the northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area could see some rain during the games Friday night. Some in southeast Indiana and northern Kentucky could see rain and showers most of the afternoon into Friday evening. Accumulation totals look to be from .10 to .40 of an inch. There could be spots that could receive from 1 to 2" of rain. These are located in southeast Indiana and northwest Kentucky and around the Bowling Green, Glasgow Area.

90.jpg

This simulated radar is from 2 pm ET/1 CT to 2 am ET/1 CT.

32-nodither.gif

The following is from the Weather Prediction Center. It shows a slight possibility of rainfall totals that could cause some flash flooding. As everyone can see it is mainly for western Kentucky along the Ohio River and northern Kentucky.

98ewbg.gif

I will update early tomorrow morning and this situation.

90.jpg

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING

THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

The Flash Flood Watch continues for

* Flash Flood Watch for all of southeast Missouri, southern

Illinois, southwest Indiana, and portions of western Kentucky,

including the counties of Ballard, Crittenden, Henderson,

Livingston, McCracken, Union, and Webster.

* From Friday evening through Sunday morning

* Intervals of showers and thunderstorms with heavy rain will

accompany the remnants of Tropical Storm Gordon late this week

and into the weekend. While the ground should be able to

absorb the initial rain, the greatest concern for flash

flooding arrives Friday night, Saturday, and Saturday night as

the low associated with Gordon`s remnants passes through the

area.

* Forecast storm total rainfall amounts range from 3 to 6 inches

in the watch area, with the highest totals across northern

portions of southern Illinois.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead

to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.

You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action

should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.

Parts of western Kentucky are now in a Slight Risk Area for possible flash floods tonight through Saturday morning. Also, most of the rest of Kentucky is now in a Marginal Risk Area for the same.

94ewbg.gif

This is the simulated radar from 2 pm ET/1 CT to 2 am ET/1 CT.

32-nodither.gif

This shows the 24 rainfall accumulations through 2 am ET. As everyone can see the track of this system will be very important. If it takes a more southerly track part of Kentucky could be for some heavy rainfall.

90.jpg

Take care and I'll try and update later today.