Ryle 41 Boone County 13

Kyle England had 13 touches for 146 yards and 2 Td's on a sore wheel. Keegan Stanken looked poised and deliberate in his first career start at QB. He will need some help from his WR's and o-line going forward. Elijah Cusick looked fast as normal and is explosive if you get him a lane. ( don't have his stats, do know he had 2 Td's, one on a long reception) The O-line looks good then really bad from play to play. Lot's of work to be done there, we need a lot more consistency from them. The D line looked good and strong, the Lb's tackled and filled fairly well. The secondary is still our thorn on D. Much better in coverage this week but tackling, :ohbrother:.

Boone is much improved and is on the right track. Seemed to have much better chemistry and the effort was leaps and bounds from the last few years. That FB/LB is a beast. Good luck to Boone moving forward.

Boone is improved and the team played hard all game with a great attitude. I hope Coach Eckstein helps - great coach! Nice to see Ryle’s new QB throw so well. Bodes well for the rest of the season with a passing threat including some good receivers. Good luck to Boone the rest of the way and they will win some games.

If you would give Boones coaching staff a jar of peanut butter, a jar of jelly and a loaf of bread. I don't believe they could make a sandwich!

Boone gave up 3 fumbles and an interception against Conner and 4 fumbles against Ryle. That's 8 turnovers in 2 games. That ain't on the coaches.

It was definitely a hasty comment that I should've kept to myself. At the time I was upset about our offensive play calling and pass coverage scheme. Im probably over passionate about this year. imo this is the most talented group of kids in maybe the last ten years. It really is an extraordinary combination of upper classmen that have only won two games in their high school career and talented underclassmen that what to make the Rebels strong again.

I like your passion for the Rebels, @RebelDad. We need more of that. Keep commenting on the games.

I agree with your assessment of the talent at Boone. This is the best talent in more phases of the game that we've had for awhile. The O-line is looking good in the run game. The sophomore RB is quite good. 158 yards and 125 yards in his first two starts. The running attack is brutal. They will wear some teams down. The only thing that has hampered the run game is humidity and the FB playing three positions (FB/MLB/K). You could see the fatigue by the short kick-offs. When we get past some of this heat it will be less an issue. There is also a fine sophomore FB that has been getting some reps. Boone's run game should be good for the next 3 years.

Regarding the secondary, I don't know about schemes but there have been some blown assignments. In the Ryle game, there were two long TDs that happened because the defender just didn't try to cover his guy. Each time he let the receiver run right by him and sort of drifted over towards another receiver that was already covered. That is just a mental error, not the scheme. Contain on the edge is also a recurring issue. We give up too many long runs where the guy is not touched for 15 yards or more. I actually think the DB coach is quite good.