Conner at Boone County Predictions

RebelDad

Who wins?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Welcome aboard @RebelDad!

It sure would be great for Boone to start the season off with a victory. Last year the difference in the game was a few big plays over the top or around end by Conner. I think Boone can control the tempo of the game and make it hard on Conner with the running attack. Boone needs to establish itself with the power game and then add some pieces as the game goes on.

It was disappointing that the scrimmage this week was canceled between Boone and Newport. Boone needed the scrimmage to work out some issues with the secondary on defense and to get some rhythm in the passing game and other offensive sets. It will be a work in progress.

I think Conner's best chance to win will be with big plays. This could come from a skill player getting loose and making a long catch and run or with a return on special teams. Boone is still vulnerable in these two areas.

I predict Boone pounds the ball wearing down Conner and squeaks out a victory in a low scoring game.

Boone 18 Conner 12

At least on BGP Member thinks it will be the Rebels and maybe even the Rebels big.

From another thread:

My 6A darkhorse is the Boone County Rebels. Making the state semifinals would be a Cinderella story obviously. Their solid run will be knocking out some of the n.ky 6A favorites. They have an extraordinary combination of talented upperclassmen and a group of hungry, skilled sophomores. I'm sure because of their well lopsided record over the past six years is understandably why they aren't mentioned in any rankings or discussions. They are flying well below the radar despite winning every team event at the Ryle lineman challenge. I predict the Rebels have more wins this season than the last six seasons combined. Go Rebels.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/who-is-your-367021.html#post6575202

============

Who do you have in this one? Cougars or Rebels?