Boyle County 27 Madison Central 7 (Scrimmage)

SX1250.1

A Rematch of last years preseason game. Boyle looked much better than last year in a 27 - 7 victory. Defense looked sharp, with the D line playing very well. On offense they obviously missed Tanner Crawford but still moved the ball well on the ground.

A Rematch of last years preseason game. Boyle looked much better than last year in a 27 - 7 victory. Defense looked sharp, with the D line playing very well. On offense they obviously missed Tanner Crawford but still moved the ball well on the ground.

Why didn’t Tanner play? I thought his suspension was for only a regular season game.

Would this be just a varsity score or JV/Freshmen as well added in?

Freshman started off and played for 25 mins. and that ended in a 6-6 tie. The Varsity played 3 Qt with a score of 27-7 and the JV played the last QT and not for sure how that ended.

Like sx1250.1 said, Boyle's D looked really good and didn't allow Central a first down until 2 QT. That 1st down and the TD was scored on a pass play with Boyle having in the 2nd string LB's and DB's.

Boyle O line will be okay but have some thing that they need to work on but I believe will be okay after a couple of games. Smith had a couple of really good catches and Bartleson ran the ball good. Boyle has some good receiver and they showed that they all can catch the ball.

Getting over a hip injury I think

When did he hurt it? I’ve seen him in streer clothes in some of the 7 on 7 pictures. Any idea on how long he will be out? I’m assuming Biggs is in his place? How did Biggs look? He’s always impressed me when he has gotten playing time.

When did he hurt it? I’ve seen him in streer clothes in some of the 7 on 7 pictures. Any idea on how long he will be out? I’m assuming Biggs is in his place? How did Biggs look? He’s always impressed me when he has gotten playing time.

Biggs did not come out this season.

Biggs is no longer at Boyle County, I believe he transferred to Harlon.

I hate that Biggs isn't in black and gold this year. He paid his dues over the last three seasons and I believe he would have been rewarded this year. Would have been the best straight ahead ball carrier Boyle had.

On a different note a few young Rebels showed they are ready to compete for a starting position. Luke Shepperson had 2 or 3 nice tackles and broke up a pass play that could have been a pick 6. The Sacco kid had a few nice runs too!

I also want to mention senior Chris Duffy, he had two very athletic catches. One on a third and long and another for a touchdown. With his speed and jumping ability he will be another weapon who will be very difficult to cover.