Dead Period...should it expand or end?

Dead Period...End, Expand, Leave Alone?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Dead Period...End, Expand, Leave Alone?

• End Dead Period
    • Expand Dead Period
    • Leave it as it is

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead period needs to be abolished.

No

Kids, parents, families, coaches need a break.

It at least allows for people to take a vacation in same time frame so you don’t have kids missing at different times.

Do you not like football? I like ice cream and less ice cream is never an option.

I like ice cream too, but I don’t like it when it’s melted and on a stale cone.

It’s getting to the point of a safety issue if HS football will be able to survive in the future.

Kids get a chance to heal up and play at a higher level and be fresher.

You can play same dist games and same amount of playoffs.

I like ice cream too, but I don’t like it when it’s melted and on a stale cone.

It’s getting to the point of a safety issue if HS football will be able to survive in the future.

Kids get a chance to heal up and play at a higher level and be fresher.

You can play same dist games and same amount of playoffs.

I'd rather cut one or even two regular season games out than take a round out of the playoffs...if games are ever going to get reduced.

It gives kids, coaches, and parents a mandatory break before fall practice starts. If you have a child playing year round sports the dead period is a GREAT thing!!!

I disagree, it penalized the fall sports (and spring sports to a small degree). It also pigeon holds families into making vacation plans at a time when prices are at their peak due to the holiday.

I disagree, it penalized the fall sports (and spring sports to a small degree). It also pigeon holds families into making vacation plans at a time when prices are at their peak due to the holiday.

Without the break, families have zero time to schedule those vacations. Not sure how it hurts spring sports or fall sports if all fall teams are on the same schedule, no one is getting an advantage.

Yes, it serves no purpose.

Other then to insure that KIDS are allowed a few weeks off. There are over zealous coaches who wouldn't give their players any time off in any sport if they weren't required to do it. Personally I think it needs to be longer.

The poster who is suggesting a shorter football season, obviously has some issues. Football is the single greatest sport on God's earth. Football is statically safer than Cheerleading (leads all sports injuries - broken bones) and Girl's Soccer (leads all sports related injuries - concussions). The dead period could be maybe a week longer. But as a result, I would like to see a spring scrimmage game with another team and June 7v7 brought back.

Abolish AAU basketball, travel team baseball and other club sports. That junk is garbage.