Dead Period...should it expand or end?

Dead Period...End, Expand, Leave Alone?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Dead Period...End, Expand, Leave Alone?

• End Dead Period
    • Expand Dead Period
    • Leave it as it is

I vote to expand it. Go from somewhere in the middle of June through the 15th of July. 3 days in shorts in helmets, 3 days in shoulder pads, then full gear. Let coaches use their better judgement on how much contact there will be. Allow football activities from the start of Spring ball leading up to the dead period. You can use this time for 7v7. The only sanctioned sport it would effect would be baseball. Track usually ends this week.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote to expand it. Go from somewhere in the middle of June through the 15th of July. 3 days in shorts in helmets, 3 days in shoulder pads, then full gear. Let coaches use their better judgement on how much contact there will be. Allow football activities from the start of Spring ball leading up to the dead period. You can use this time for 7v7. The only sanctioned sport it would effect would be baseball. Track usually ends this week.

I like where you're going with this, but there is one issue I have.

I don't like leaving things up to the "coach's judgment." Because I know it's going to get abused, because there will be guys who think or know that they have to win at all cost.