Tallahassee mens basketball

They all pretty much play the same position. Community college/JUCO's are cut-throat....every man for himself. That situation is gonna get interesting in a hurry. Also on one of the coaches tweets I noticed he welcomed everyone but Lewis.

No one goes juco unless grades mandate it. NCAA has sliding scale that everyone must qualify on. As far as social media, every college governing body has rules, and typically coaches can’t comment unless a guy is actually signed, so that may explain Lewis being left out originally bc it looks like Settembre’s page had a big tweet about it last night. Quite a haul for TCC. But can be tricky getting lots of guys from same area at college level.

Unless it’s your only option—these kids are D1 players. TCC plays in a very tough conference and tons of those dudes end up in low/mid and sometimes high major programs. If you can use basketball to get your college degree paid for, why not? Juco life in Florida is a lot different than Juco life in Nebraska or Illinois or some place in the middle of nowhere. Some top Juco programs have better facilities than low D1 programs.

Unless it’s your only option—these kids are D1 players. TCC plays in a very tough conference and tons of those dudes end up in low/mid and sometimes high major programs. If you can use basketball to get your college degree paid for, why not? Juco life in Florida is a lot different than Juco life in Nebraska or Illinois or some place in the middle of nowhere. Some top Juco programs have better facilities than low D1 programs.

Nice facilities or not, this level is hard work, cut throat, your not playing with your high school buddies, etc.. For young men, that for whatever reason are behind academically, it is even more difficult. Throw in the temptations of Florida and being away from home and it's really tough. I know some go on to Div 1 but only the best and most disciplined. Best of luck to those mentioned.

Nice facilities or not, this level is hard work, cut throat, your not playing with your high school buddies, etc.. For young men, that for whatever reason are behind academically, it is even more difficult. Throw in the temptations of Florida and being away from home and it's really tough. I know some go on to Div 1 but only the best and most disciplined. Best of luck to those mentioned.

Not real sure what your definition of hard work is? Once you get to the college level the work basketball wise gets much harder regardless. TCC is obviously in the same city as Florida State. The guys live in very nice places, play in an extremely competitive conference. In Florida their scholarships normally pay for their room & board, meals, books, and tuition. In many cases where they get pell grants they get to keep that as spending money because everything else is paid for. Doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Not real sure what your definition of hard work is? Once you get to the college level the work basketball wise gets much harder regardless. TCC is obviously in the same city as Florida State. The guys live in very nice places, play in an extremely competitive conference. In Florida their scholarships normally pay for their room & board, meals, books, and tuition. In many cases where they get pell grants they get to keep that as spending money because everything else is paid for. Doesn't sound all that bad to me.

You're kidding yourself if you think playing at a community college is a good gig. Remember a lot of these young men are behind academically already. Do you think it's going to get easier in college? Throw a more rigorous basketball schedule on top of it. Yes it requires hard work. Check the statistics on how many will stick and how many will be back home. Best of luck to all those mentioned.

You're kidding yourself if you think playing at a community college is a good gig. Remember a lot of these young men are behind academically already. Do you think it's going to get easier in college? Throw a more rigorous basketball schedule on top of it. Yes it requires hard work. Check the statistics on how many will stick and how many will be back home. Best of luck to all those mentioned.

So what is the alternative for these young men ???? Having everything paid for and a chance to get caught up and play at the 4 year level sounds like a good option compared to ???? You are saying I am kidding myself thinking it is a good gig. Many guys need juco for the reasons you state. Many are under-recruited and can help themselves. I don't understand what your reasoning is. The stats you talk about come from where. I watched more than 10 jucos in Fl play early this year and throughout the year and all but 1 team finished with the majority of their roster intact. And again I ask what are their options. I was an assistant on a team that had 9 guys go D-1, the other 3 either went d-2 or NAIA or returned the next year as they were freshmen. 2 of the D-1 guys went on the make an NBA roster and many others played overseas as are those 2 guys. Not sure besides D-1 and some D-2's that pay for EVERYTHING in college. I realize not all states do that, but Fl, Texas, Kansas among others do.

So what is the alternative for these young men ???? Having everything paid for and a chance to get caught up and play at the 4 year level sounds like a good option compared to ???? You are saying I am kidding myself thinking it is a good gig. Many guys need juco for the reasons you state. Many are under-recruited and can help themselves. I don't understand what your reasoning is. The stats you talk about come from where. I watched more than 10 jucos in Fl play early this year and throughout the year and all but 1 team finished with the majority of their roster intact. And again I ask what are their options. I was an assistant on a team that had 9 guys go D-1, the other 3 either went d-2 or NAIA or returned the next year as they were freshmen. 2 of the D-1 guys went on the make an NBA roster and many others played overseas as are those 2 guys. Not sure besides D-1 and some D-2's that pay for EVERYTHING in college. I realize not all states do that, but Fl, Texas, Kansas among others do.

Just asking, who were the two that made the NBA ?

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of kids transfer to NAIA or D1-2 schools after 2 years of juco. They may have been a little behind academically and needed those two years, or they just weren't noticed by the bigger schools but do get noticed while in juco and get a scholarship.