LaRue 48 Adair County 45 (5th Region Semifinal)

Stall the ball strategy for 3 quarters backfired on Adair. Adair was 16-51 shooting and 4-23 from three. Larue’s length bothered Zion Harmon. Only 19pts on 5-22 shooting.

I believe Adair could have won if they had attacked more and forced tempo in the first three quarters.

Hats off to Larue. Great defensive effort. Good luck against John Hardin.

Disagree honestly. First time Adair played larue they took quick shots and were down 30 at halftime. When a team is that much bigger than you then you have to take your time and try and get good shots not jack bad ones. Adair defensively was great to me, they just missed a lot of open shots they normally may make. Playing slow kept them within 5-6 whole game too.

Disagree honestly. First time Adair played larue they took quick shots and were down 30 at halftime. When a team is that much bigger than you then you have to take your time and try and get good shots not jack bad ones. Adair defensively was great to me, they just missed a lot of open shots they normally may make. Playing slow kept them within 5-6 whole game too.

They needed to get easier shots for Harmon...seemed like there wasn't much flow to the offense

They needed to get easier shots for Harmon...seemed like there wasn't much flow to the offense

Agreed. Little to no offensive flow. Still, the better team won. 5th region title to be decided between the best two teams al season. This loss don’t sting like the regional final against hated Taylor County did last year.

The 1-3-1 zone definitely caused issues. Melton had many open looks just couldn't get them to fall. A few threes from him and this game may of been different.

Agreed....he just couldn't buy one tonight....had some good looks though. Payne probably knocks some down as well if healthy.

The Hawk defense really bottled Harmon up-great effort defensively. I would have like to see him play in the middle of the zone but Adair didn’t have the personnel to do it.

Conversely, Adair didn’t give up a single 3 to Davis or king so they played great defensively as well

Adair probably should have pressed more but Adair was much better on defense. The 1- 3 -1 for Larue was great last night.

Yep. That’s the key to beating Larue. Gotta get them scrambling a bit. They can play up tempo in their half court sets but I noticed in both games against Adair, they didn’t like full court pressure. Heck, in the first game this year Adair cut a 32 point lead to 4 points when they started pressing full court.

Still, John Hardin and Mickey Pearson have their hands full. This is a much better team than the one they dominated earlier this year.

Yep. That’s the key to beating Larue. Gotta get them scrambling a bit. They can play up tempo in their half court sets but I noticed in both games against Adair, they didn’t like full court pressure. Heck, in the first game this year Adair cut a 32 point lead to 4 points when they started pressing full court.

Still, John Hardin and Mickey Pearson have their hands full. This is a much better team than the one they dominated earlier this year.

You nailed it...thet were a much different team....much better