Miami (FL) 91 North Carolina 88

Randy Parker

I’ll settle for a 3 seed with this squad. They’ve exceeded expectations thus far.

How is it that a team that was pre-season #2 in the ACC by the Coaches, finish (expectedly) 6th, and yet, exceed expectations? That is a surprising take for a UNC fan to make for a 22-8 UNC team, likely to end up 22-9, and given they were pre-season Top 10 in the country. Genuinely curious, I certainly don't follow them as closely as you as a fan, so your comment really surprised me.

How is it that a team that was pre-season #2 in the ACC by the Coaches, finish (expectedly) 6th, and yet, exceed expectations? That is a surprising take for a UNC fan to make for a 22-8 UNC team, likely to end up 22-9, and given they were pre-season Top 10 in the country. Genuinely curious, I certainly don't follow them as closely as you as a fan, so your comment really surprised me.

Considering what they lost and had coming back, as a fan, I expected a 20-10 season and told people a Sweet 16 is possible with Elite 8 being a stretch. Maybe nationally they didn’t exceed expectations, but as for my expectations they did.