No more 18 hole playoffs at the US Open

Honestly I’m not a fan of the change. I’d love to see another Tiger/ Rocco US Open like we had in 08. That was golf at its most compelling. 2 golfers on the course. The entire gallery lining every single hole, Tiger playing on 1 leg. I feel like the USGA is robbing us of that possibility again.

This is a BIG deal...over 100 years of tradition gone just like that. I don't like only two holes. But the leaders start the final round so late now (3pm or after) I think they are afraid that there is not enough light to guarantee 3 or 4 holes of sunlight. I always liked that the US Open was different and had an 18 hole playoff. I get it though that it inconveniences a lot of people by making them come back on Monday to finish.

Never understood why golf had one tournament with different rules. But its golf, nobody really cares anymore.

The British Open (sorry...The Open) has a 4-hole playoff

The PGA Championship has a 3-hole playoff

The Masters goes immediately to sudden death

So, it's not like the US Open has changed to conform to any of the other majors.

Never understood why golf had one tournament with different rules. But its golf, nobody really cares anymore.

Ehh I think more people still care than you think and I think golf is actually gaining some popularity with younger people again.

Ehh I think more people still care than you think and I think golf is actually gaining some popularity with younger people again.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE golf and hope it does not get any more popular again. It is MUCH easier to get weekend morning tee times now than it was 10-20 years ago. It also helps keep prices down at quality public courses...just sayin