Xavier 98 Butler 93 (OT)

This going to be the year that Xavier breaks through and gets to that Final Four?

This would certainly point to the year to do it. Deep, Experienced, Star who can drop 30. I am still concerned about the defense.

Personally, I am enjoying one heck of a ride this year!!

If you're a college basketball fan, in general, this is a really good read from Rob Dauster. The New Big East will never be the Old Big East, and that’s a good thing – CollegeBasketballTalk

Not only does it touch on the Xavier / Butler game last night, it also talks a lot about the "old" Big East and the "new" Big East, and then talks about the crazy-dominance of Villanova these last 5 years.

It is a quick read, take a few minutes to read it, I think it is fair, unbiased, and fairly accurate. I don't know @gametime 's take on Dauster, but I like him and I think he does good work.

Nice article...

I love the Big East conference right now. It is the best put together conference in the country IMO. All the schools are inner city, private institutions and basketball is king. Either no football team or non-scholarship football at each school. The quality of play is very strong (maybe too strong) and the schools just "fit" together...

The thing I find most ironic is that the Chicago and New York schools (DePaul and St. John's) are the worst two programs now...with all the good players in Chicago and New York, that just seems strange to me...maybe the good players in those cities want to get OUT of those cities...

All colleges in the Big East with exception of Butler are Catholic institutions.......for what that is worth.

Yep...Butler is private but not Catholic...I learned that when my daughter went there. I thought it was Catholic before she went there.