February 7, 20188 yr Another quiet thread after a HUGE Xavier roadkill at Hinkle. Martin and Trevon Bluiett had great performances for each club, but Xavier's bigs were the difference. That is just a monster win. Off to Creighton on Saturday....
February 7, 20188 yr I was rooting for Butler but nothing but respect for X...so many ways to beat you...definitely enough there to make the Final Four IMO
February 7, 20188 yr Yes...Nova in the last two years is 50 something and 2 against every team not named Butler and 0-3 against Butler...crazy stat. Butler goes to Nova Saturday...may get ugly as Nova has to be pretty sick of losing to Butler.
February 7, 20188 yr This going to be the year that Xavier breaks through and gets to that Final Four?
February 7, 20188 yr This going to be the year that Xavier breaks through and gets to that Final Four? This would certainly point to the year to do it. Deep, Experienced, Star who can drop 30. I am still concerned about the defense. Personally, I am enjoying one heck of a ride this year!!
February 7, 20188 yr Author If you're a college basketball fan, in general, this is a really good read from Rob Dauster. The New Big East will never be the Old Big East, and that’s a good thing – CollegeBasketballTalk Not only does it touch on the Xavier / Butler game last night, it also talks a lot about the "old" Big East and the "new" Big East, and then talks about the crazy-dominance of Villanova these last 5 years. It is a quick read, take a few minutes to read it, I think it is fair, unbiased, and fairly accurate. I don't know @gametime 's take on Dauster, but I like him and I think he does good work.
February 8, 20188 yr I like Dauster. Don't know him as well as some of the other national guys, but has always been a good dude when we've been in the same company...
February 8, 20188 yr Nice article... I love the Big East conference right now. It is the best put together conference in the country IMO. All the schools are inner city, private institutions and basketball is king. Either no football team or non-scholarship football at each school. The quality of play is very strong (maybe too strong) and the schools just "fit" together... The thing I find most ironic is that the Chicago and New York schools (DePaul and St. John's) are the worst two programs now...with all the good players in Chicago and New York, that just seems strange to me...maybe the good players in those cities want to get OUT of those cities...
February 8, 20188 yr All colleges in the Big East with exception of Butler are Catholic institutions.......for what that is worth.
February 8, 20188 yr All colleges in the Big East with exception of Butler are Catholic institutions.......for what that is worth. Yep...Butler is private but not Catholic...I learned that when my daughter went there. I thought it was Catholic before she went there.
February 8, 20188 yr It is a shame that Bluett will not get drafted til late 1st rd or 2nd rd and some freshman will get drafted on potential. Bluett can play!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.