If a school voluntarily moves up in Class should you be able to transfer immediately?

theguru

I say yes.

If any high school voluntarily moves up in class, which clearly makes it harder for them to achieve the primary goal of the football team, I believe any football athlete at the school should be able to immediately transfer to another school without sitting out a year.

What do you think?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I edited my initial post since some of you obliviously don't want to answer the question.

Is high school about kids or not? If it is about the kids shouldn't the kids have a choice when the adults make it tougher on the kids because of personal agendas by a coach or politics by a school system?

I edited my initial post since some of you obliviously don't want to answer the question.

Is high school about kids or not? If it is about the kids shouldn't the kids have a choice when the adults make it tougher on the kids because of personal agendas by a coach or politics by a school system?

Making it tougher on the kids how?

I'd say this is stretching it a best. I don't think the argument that "you can't win a state title" is pretty thin. Moving up a class really impacts nothing else (and it can be argued that it doesn't affect that either). If you're good enough to play in college, it doesn't matter if you play 6a or 1a.

And let's face it, there are only a handful of teams in each class that have a chance to, "achieve the primary goal of the football team", and win a state championship. What do you do with all the other teams out there?? Tell their kids to transfer too??

Realistically, for most schools, the primary goal of the football team is to provide an outlet for kids to be part of team, have fun, and learn to compete. For select few players, it's to open some doors to play in college and help achieve higher education. Winning a state title is nice, but it's not really achievable, at least on a regular basis for most teams.

I'd say this is stretching it a best. I don't think the argument that "you can't win a state title" is pretty thin. Moving up a class really impacts nothing else (and it can be argued that it doesn't affect that either). If you're good enough to play in college, it doesn't matter if you play 6a or 1a.

And let's face it, there are only a handful of teams in each class that have a chance to, "achieve the primary goal of the football team", and win a state championship. What do you do with all the other teams out there?? Tell their kids to transfer too??

I guess we should just give everyone a warm hug and a trophy.

I guess we should just give everyone a warm hug and a trophy.

It's not about that either (although I enjoy hugs) and I'm not saying that in any way. I understand your passion on this topic, and I agree that they shouldn't be forced to play up. I don't see any advantage or reason why playing up is necessary.

But is anything less than winning a state championship a failure and unacceptable?? That would make all but 6 schools every year complete failures.