Louisville and USF sign 2 for 1 agreement.

swamprat

It will be nice to be back in PJCS. One of my favorite venues.

I have to find that one guy that comes to the USF/Louisville game wearing UK gear, again. The Card fans lose all focus when that happens. :)

[ATTACH]65272[/ATTACH]

The ONE UK fan? :lol2:

You've got six years to save up all the Yuengling you can get your hands on. :banana:

The ONE UK fan? :lol2:

You've got six years to save up all the Yuengling you can get your hands on. :banana:

The 2008 game at PJCS, early in the 1st quarter. I was in the restroom. The Card fans around me were giving me and the other Bulls in there a hard time. Then a guy walked in with a UK hoodie on and the place erupted. The Louvillians complete forgot about us. I was watching, when I got back to my seat, and they followed him back to his. Everybody around him stopped watching the game and concentrated on him. The guy was eating it up, too. Egging them on. It was hilarious.

Remember, we have the Yuengling Brewery here. Plenty of time to plan and tank up.

You probably won't have to wait six years.

Get ready, Yuengling beer lovers! Sales in Kentucky could be on tap

Inside joke with me and @swamprat. I was in Tampa a few years ago, and we caught a USF men’s basketball game while I was killing time until my flight. After I had a couple, every booth we went to was out of Yuengling, so our story is we drank it all. :lol2:

That 2008 game was a great ball game. USF came in 6-1 and ranked #14. UofL , 5-2, was in the 2nd year of the Steve Gragthorpe era. Matt Grothe was 30-40 for 344 yards and 2 touchdowns, but he threw 2 interceptions, the last one led to UofL running out the clock. The USF running game, was held to just 8 yards by the UofL defense.

About halfway through the 4th quarter, with USF up 20-17, Hunter Cantwell threw a TD pass to put Louisville up 24-20.

After Grothe threw his second pick and with less than 2 minutes to play, UofL missed a field goal attempt, but USF was called for defensive holding, it's 14th penalty of the game. I still remember the scene on the field. I thought Jim Leavitt was going to kill somebody in stripes. He had to be restained by his players. With USF out of time outs the Cards ran out the clock.

The practical side of me says “Why on Earth would we do this? It’s an AAC team that is always good but that we’ll get no reward for beating and endless criticism for losing.”

The football fan side of me says “That’s a great opponent that will give any UofL team valuable experience and I ALWAYS want to play former Big East and C-USA opponents.”

This should be fun.