Louisville 94 Virginia Tech 86

Getslow

Cardinals followed up one of their best defensive performances of the season at Florida State on Wednesday with one of their best offensive performances here.

Louisville shot 53 percent from the field including 13/23 from beyond the arc. Turnover problems reared up again, though. After just 8 against FSU, cards turned it over 16 times last night.

Victory extends Louisville’s winning streak over the Hokies to 13 consecutive games. Only Louisville’s 14 consecutive over Eastern Kentucky is longer for the Cards. Return trip to Blacksburg will be in February.

Tough game at Notre Dame on Tuesday night. Louisville has never won at Purcell Pavilion.

Don't everyone chime in at once!

Seriously though, this is a big win for Louisville. Virginia Tech is a solid team and they aren't winning at Notre Dame. I'm starting to shift my thought from NIT to this team is going to find a way to get in the big dance.

I considered this a nice win too. Beating the Irish tonight would be awesome but I don’t see it happening.

Yeah I’m not holding my breath. Not even the title team managed a win in the Joyce Center. 0-6 in South Bend in the Big East/ACC.