Open Job: Greenwood

FSfan

Some posters might not like this statement but I do feel that it's true. With the loss of Jackson Adams the Greenwood Gators are really going to struggle the next couple of years. I'm sure their JV and freshman teams have done a decent job, but trying to replace a kid that literally accounted for about every statistical offensive achievement will be tough.

I don't think anyone doubts that it would be tough on Greenwood year to year in any era. They have yet to have three straight winning seasons in the history of the program. The best they've achieved was five straight non-losing seasons (2008-2012, with '10 & '11 being .500 seasons). They play in a district with two state title caliber teams (literally - with each having won at least one in the last three seasons). Greenwood has played in much the same environment for the entirety of their program, and have usually not been able to overcome.

I don't know about the future beyond next year, but when I look at their schedule for next year, I honestly don't see many places they can improve. I think they can flip the Allen County-Scottsville result, possibly. It was a tossup this year, and it may remain that next year. I don't think they'll catch East who have a great core for the future. They'll beat Central, Barren, and Grayson. There's not another win on their schedule. It's just a tough spot, and always has been.

In talks throughout last season with several on this board, I expected this. The Jackson Adams years will go down as some of the best ever at Greenwood. His Freshman year earned a 4 and 7 tally followed by 2 Very Impressive 9 and 3 seasons!

Adams had the All Time Greenwood rushing mark as a SOPHOMORE. Think about that. They end up his SR year at 4 and 7 where the wheels kinda came off from the East game through mid-season. But they did fight back for an inspiring win at depleted Apollo in the playoffs. Where now? I think it will be a REALLY tough road with GW being fortunate to win 3 or 4 games next season. Good luck though.

Do they have anyone in mind to fill the position? I hear Russellville is looking for a new coach too.

Fast,

These are going to be 2 difficult positions to fill. Greenwood mostly because of their district and Russellville mostly because their Coach did alot of other things in the community that went under the radar to help kids there with established relationships that will be difficult to quickly replicate. Add that to the fact Logan County should be pretty dog gone good next year too!

Fast,

These are going to be 2 difficult positions to fill. Greenwood mostly because of their district and Russellville mostly because their Coach did alot of other things in the community that went under the radar to help kids there with established relationships that will be difficult to quickly replicate. Add that to the fact Logan County should be pretty dog gone good next year too!

Neither position will be difficult to fill, I will argue:

Greenwood is a Big BG-located school with unlimited support from the boosters and you get to coach in a town with more than a Piggly Wiggly. The coach pay in Warren Co. is excellent compared with a lot of the surrounding areas and it is a tremendous school to teach and work in. Let us not forget,t hat just a year ago, Greenwood beat South Warren. It is also a school that has had high levels of success in all sports (they even went to the Final Four in football).

Russellville is arguably one of the four best jobs in South Central KY. The facilities are excellent, the stadium is historic, the talent is always there, and you are playing in 1A, where a team like Russellville is almost ALWAYS in the picture for it all.

I think these two jobs are just the opposite of tough to fill.

Greenwood is a Big BG-located school with unlimited support from the boosters and you get to coach in a town with more than a Piggly Wiggly. The coach pay in Warren Co. is excellent compared with a lot of the surrounding areas and it is a tremendous school to teach and work in. Let us not forget,t hat just a year ago, Greenwood beat South Warren. It is also a school that has had high levels of success in all sports (they even went to the Final Four in football).

Russellville is arguably one of the four best jobs in South Central KY. The facilities are excellent, the stadium is historic, the talent is always there, and you are playing in 1A, where a team like Russellville is almost ALWAYS in the picture for it all.

Sure everybody needs a job, but I'm talkin about football. That's what this board is about.

"Hard to fill" was a poor choice of words at face value, but to get to where Coach Seabolt and Coach Meyers have been with these programs will be very difficult to maintain.

Again, Greenwood will be fortunate to win 3 or 4 games next season.

Maybe I've only ever heard it in regards to the state as a whole, but I've long heard that the pay for coaches in the Warren County school system is abysmal.

Maybe I've only ever heard it in regards to the state as a whole, but I've long heard that the pay for coaches in the Warren County school system is abysmal.

Warren Co. revamped their coaching pay in 2014 or 15. It is comparable or better than all but your long time traditional programs in South Central KY.

There is an urban legend nature to what football coaches make in KY that seems to exist, especially on this board. Warren Co. pays very well.

Warren Co. revamped their coaching pay in 2014 or 15. It is comparable or better than all but your long time traditional programs in South Central KY.

There is an urban legend nature to what football coaches make in KY that seems to exist, especially on this board. Warren Co. pays very well.

Below 8K = horrible

Above 10K= doing "good"

If they offer extended days then that's get tricky depending on teacher rank along with years.

5 Years teaching on a Rank II at a $3,500 stipend with 10 extended days is completely different than a coach with 20 years experience teaching on a Rank 1 scale with the above stipend & extended days due to their daily wage being higher.