Louisville 55 Murray State 10

Pura Vida

Murray State played pretty good, right?

Louisville has some serious issues. Murray capitalized on a few of them, especially Louisville's still-lousy offensive line play.

Murray's only touchdown came from a fumbled snap on the first play of the second half which was, incidentally, Juwon Pass's first snap in the game at QB.

Petrino was clearly trying a few things out here, including a package I really enjoyed in which Traveon Samuel came off the line of scrimmage and went into the backfield and he, Jackson, and Malik Williams ran a sort of triple option.

Jackson still had some trouble with timing. Threw behind his receiver on a few occasions.

Big game coming Thursday at NC State. Louisville should have enough to win but it's been a weird month so they'd better be ready.

Petrino was clearly trying a few things out here, including a package I really enjoyed in which Traveon Samuel came off the line of scrimmage and went into the backfield and he, Jackson, and Malik Williams ran a sort of triple option.

Jackson still had some trouble with timing. Threw behind his receiver on a few occasions.

Big game coming Thursday at NC State. Louisville should have enough to win but it's been a weird month so they'd better be ready.

I liked that package as well. Give NC State coaches something else to look at on film during a short week.

NC St. D line against UofL O line should tell the story on THU. O line doesn't have to "win" the battle (they almost certainly will not), but they at least have to not get "slaughtered" (penalties of various kinds & quantities, blown assignments, etc.). Not sure NC St. win at FSU was as quality as some are viewing it given their squeaker over Wake (who is also decent). Loss to SC on a neutral site and an unconvincing win over Syracuse may be more who they are.

Should be a good test.